Cell C has failed – Analyst

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Sadly, this is potentially self-fulfilling. Given enough bad publicity they will lose customers and suppliers will panic, further exacerbating the problems

It's unfortunate because we already have high prices and bad service with the little competition that does exist

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

blowdart18

Their JSE listing would bring in some much needed money for the company but I think that whole band wagon was based on their Blue Label deal.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
To be fair, Cell C was greatly hampered for a long time by the abusive call termination fees that Vodacom and MTN raised just when they became active.

And the stupid no-one-needs-3G CEO didn't help them capture the data market...

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Does Cell C actually own any of their towers? I seem to remember a story a while back about them selling their towers to a foreign company

McT

The Humble Scot!
To be fair, Cell C was greatly hampered for a long time by the abusive call termination fees that Vodacom and MTN raised just when they became active.

And the stupid no-one-needs-3G CEO didn't help them capture the data market...
Now that you have said it, I am sure they'll be launching a lawsuit for compensation.

Would you buy shares if they were JSE listed?
Nope. Definitely not. Then again, do you have spare cash that you are willing to gamble with? Not too dissimilar to buying resources at the mo. If it is for the sake of investment, this would probably be on high risk side of a shot in the dark.

Superjakes

Expert Member
Does Cell C actually own any of their towers? I seem to remember a story a while back about them selling their towers to a foreign company
That's actually quite a common practice in the industry. They radio equipment belongs to the operator but the towers, generators and containers belong to an infrastructure company.

Thor

Honorary Master
Does not take a educated analyst to tell you that :p

Thor

Honorary Master

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Well... the prepaid giga packages is just what I need ATM.

Also, happy with the speeds here...

much better than Telkom which fails each day.

Last edited: