Cell C Home Connecta Flexi coverage and throughput tests in Gauteng

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Cell C Home Connecta Flexi tested — with surprising results

Cell C's Home Connecta Flexi offers an affordable prepaid option for South Africans looking for a large data package for their smartphone.

Cell C launched its Home Connecta Flexi prepaid LTE plans in March 2021, complementing its post-paid Home Connecta products, which it launched on 20 November 2020.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Cell C time and time again has shown itself to be garbage and still they sign up with them.

KikzAzz

I don't think those speeds are impressive and comparable to fibre. I would also like to see the latency.

Gudnews

Expert Member
I get similar performance as well. Luck and I'm grateful.

hansotto

I'm on this in Rustenburg.
Very slow at times at loading Facebook pages here but everything else is fine.
1630399911297.png

susefan

Very happy with home connecta flexi. Still waiting to know if the promotion will go beyond September 2021.

nicroets

Cell C rent their infrastructure from others. My guess is that those service providers will prioritise their own customers during peak times. If you want to watch movies between 6 and 8 pm, expect lagging.

If you can figure out when the non peak times are and watch your movies then, then go for Cell C.

Budza

Executive Member
How far from home can this be used?

“Home Connecta is designed for use in a fixed location and will perform at its best when used as such,” Cell C states.

“Should a subscriber use their Home Connecta Flexi service outside of the fixed LTE coverage area, Cell C accepts no responsibility for poor LTE network coverage or signal reliability.”

This sounds more promising than other fixed services where you're locked to a particular tower...

I still don't understand why mobile LTE is SO much more expensive than 'fixed'.

KikzAzz

You can not compare lte with fibre.
Cell C’s promotional material claims its partnership with MTN offers it the widest LTE network coverage in South Africa with speeds that rival a fibre connection.

That is stated in the article....

BBSA

Honorary Master
Cell C’s promotional material claims its partnership with MTN offers it the widest LTE network coverage in South Africa with speeds that rival a fibre connection.

That is stated in the article....
Nevertheless, it was never intended to compete with fibre, 5g yes but not lte.

Katorac

Too bad this comes at a cost of not being able to receive calls for a week now. Having called the @Cell_C call Centre 3 times now. First being told the issue has been resolved I should just restart my phone, and then later told it's an outage that's affecting everyone. 1 week later and no resolve.

Going to do a sim swap to literally any other network, after being wtih CellC for years