Cell C network down due to load-shedding [01/12/2018]

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Cell C network down due to load-shedding

Cell C has confirmed on Twitter that it is experiencing a network outage due to Eskom load-shedding.

Many Cell C users took to Twitter and Down Detector to report network downtime, with users in Gauteng, Cape Town, and Mpumalanga complaining of having zero service.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
It goes down every time a power failure happens in East Krugersdorp area.

DTBA

Expert Member
If somebody gets online again please make post here

DTBA

Expert Member
Cell C is aware of a problem at one of our data centres that is affecting the voice and data services of customers. Technicians are working on a resolution to the problem. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and will continue to provide updates on the situation. ^MM

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Cell C told MyBroadband it is aware of a problem at one of its data centres that is affecting the voice and data services of customers.

“Technicians are working on a resolution to the problem. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and will continue to provide updates on the situation.”

Utterly Confused

Yip! This country is F@cking screwed because it is run by bloody morons. What can you expect when one lives in a third world banana republic.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
This kinda sux. A client of ours had fiber downtime in the Pinetown area due to loadshedding as well.

ekske1

Executive Member
Cell C network down due to load-shedding

Cell C has confirmed on Twitter that it is experiencing a network outage due to Eskom load-shedding.

Many Cell C users took to Twitter and Down Detector to report network downtime, with users in Gauteng, Cape Town, and Mpumalanga complaining of having zero service.
Ever heard of a generator... why are the other mobile operators able to function during the load shedding?
Oh... it is that guy telling us about a generators.

Of course we are simply going to run Cell C network's on them.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You know what would be handy? Dates in the thread title for all these load shedding articles.

blowdart18

Telkom towers are also taking a knock with this load shedding nonsense. Every time it goes down I can only assume that some of the equipment does not boot and we get stuck with terrible throughput afterwards.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Telkom towers are also taking a knock with this load shedding nonsense. Every time it goes down I can only assume that some of the equipment does not boot and we get stuck with terrible throughput afterwards.

I'd rather have terrible throughput than no throughput at all.

Apogee

I concur.

I am within line of sight of Telkom's HQ, and every time there is a power failure, Telkom's mobile signal goes into a loop where it disappears completely every 10s.