Cell C plans new home for head office

bradel

It is so hard not to offer a sarcastic remark when i read these things. Like.. there isnt much congestion in the area so lucky folks that live and work in Midrand.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Well it is really good to hear that Cell C is also on the brink of showcasing how much they rip-off SA Cellphone users. Curiously, also along the N1, the same stretch of highway where MTN and Vodacom have built their palaces.

Lydon

Expert Member
Well it is really good to hear that Cell C is also on the brink of showcasing how much they rip-off SA Cellphone users. Curiously, also along the N1, the same stretch of highway where MTN and Vodacom have built their palaces.
Yes. They should all be sitting out in the bush attempting to run a business.

What an idiotic comment. Regardless of whether they building their own headquarters or rent offices, they'll be forking out cash. Building their own allows them to tailor it to streamline their operations. And clearly they've been doing a lot of streamlining as of late.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Yes. They should all be sitting out in the bush attempting to run a business.

What an idiotic comment. Regardless of whether they building their own headquarters or rent offices, they'll be forking out cash. Building their own allows them to tailor it to streamline their operations. And clearly they've been doing a lot of streamlining as of late.
Have you seen or visited any of these campuses from MTN or Vodacom? If you have than it is hard to sympathise with reports such as billions of revenue being lost due to the advent of apps such as Whatsapp & BBM taking away what they make from SMS's.

No-one, apart from you, suggested they need to run their operations from the bush. It is a case of being excessive, much like the oil Sheiks are, as en example.

Last edited:

Niren_M

Is that new piece of land where Cell C want to move to, owned by AKC?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Hmm, can't afford to keep 150 employees, but can build a new campus?
Hmmm lets see... keep 150 possibly non-performing, or surplus to new structure employees (therefore constant drain on company profits) or build a new office which is streamlined to the new structure which is financed and all that....

I know which option I'd take... and it wouldn't be option 1.

drukkie

Expert Member
I don't know...

I kinda like vodaworld...even though I'm a Cellc client. i go there to get all my goodies.
They always have stock....and if they don't you just pop to the next shop.

Currently they are renting 4-5 maybe more offices...consolidating to 1 is a good move.

People on here...sometimes i don't know...
troll much?

zamicro

Expert Member
I don't know...

I kinda like vodaworld...even though I'm a Cellc client. i go there to get all my goodies.
They always have stock....and if they don't you just pop to the next shop.

Currently they are renting 4-5 maybe more offices...consolidating to 1 is a good move.

People on here...sometimes i don't know...
troll much?
It would be nice if they have a retail there like Vodaworld. I found it a mission (3 times) to get a deal from CellC where they keep saying out of stock. The last time I had to wait a week. Not nice.

k matlou

The new home for cell c sounds interesting.hope theyl create more jobs for people