CELLC Fixed LTE Down

Good morning,

I would like to know if there are any other CellC Fixed LTE users in SA without service since yesterday morning?

We are getting the 3G light on the B315 router with full signal but no 4G connection or signal when you change the router settings to 4G only.

When you do a manual network search the router picks up the CellC 4G signal but fails to register on the network.

We are getting no feedback from IS regarding the problem or ETR.

Anybody else with the same problem and maybe more info regarding the problem?

Thanks

Draconia2

Expert Member
Yup same thing happens with my sim.

Was working fine on the default cellc apn up until 1am yesterday then the LCD started showing - NO SERVICE . Fault already logged with axxess yesterday around 6am. Asked for an update last night, just waiting for a response.

I have tried -

*the lte.broadband.is / blank apn / default cellc apn
*Putting the sim in the phone - same thing happens.
*our phones also cant see the 4g anymore and if it does switch over to it, it would be for a few seconds then it falls back to H+

I use the e5577s-932 mifi device, used up around 14 gigs this week and got the sim on *monday*
Got this because telkom was down for two months, so I cancelled.

Vodacom picks up 4g instantly and just works.

Quicks

I have a friend with a similar problem. I think he said they cancelled he's sim by mistake and they are going to send him a new SIM.

Ernest Himself

I am having the same issue. Since Thursday night. No connection to CellC LTE. No 4G service available.
Reported it. We are aware. Working on it. No reason.
2 days. I am using my Telkom backup sim at the moment. :)

Ernest Himself

I made bit of a discovery.
I am a Axxess CellC LTE client. My sim shows no LTE network no service. 2 days in a row.

I tested the same LTE Cellc with another CellC sim. (prepaid) Not from Axxess.

The prepaid LTE sim works fine :) But my axxess sim shows "no 4G signal. No service"

I put the Axxess sim in my cellphone. I got a message to RICA! So it seems Axxess or CellC did a bulk RiCA Lock on a whole lot of simcards.
Or that's just me trying to find a reason for this.

Anyone got any news on the CellC LTE outage?

According to Afrihost, CellC has been using MTN towers in outlying areas but have since decided to no longer do so to save money, thereby knowingly cutting off a bunch of customers. Nothing to be done about it and no immediate plans to fix the problem.

airborne

Executive Member
According to Afrihost, CellC has been using MTN towers in outlying areas but have since decided to no longer do so to save money, thereby knowingly cutting off a bunch of customers. Nothing to be done about it and no immediate plans to fix the problem.
Cell c may have a roaming agreement with MTN but none of their cheap data products will allow roaming or will work on Mtn or any external network other than cell c.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
It has come to our attention that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that resell Cell C’s fixed-LTE service to their customers have sold this service outside of the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage areas.

Our contracts with these partners’ stipulate that ISPs are obliged to consult the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage map to ensure customers are within the coverage areas before selling this service to customers.

Additionally, contracts with our ISP partners clearly state that this service excludes Cell C’s national roaming with MTN.

^MM

It has come to our attention that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that resell Cell C’s fixed-LTE service to their customers have sold this service outside of the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage areas.

Our contracts with these partners’ stipulate that ISPs are obliged to consult the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage map to ensure customers are within the coverage areas before selling this service to customers.

Additionally, contracts with our ISP partners clearly state that this service excludes Cell C’s national roaming with MTN.

^MM
Except that before I signed up for fixed LTE, I confirmed with a CellC agent that I would in fact be able to use Fixed LTE in my area and it did work for about a month. I even have a printout of the conversation. So, nice try CellC, your fault, not the ISP's.

MavChat

Same here. Even had their contractor install an antenna at my house because of the poor speeds. Found 2 things that day:
1. Fixed wireless speeds are throttled: With Fixed LTE SIM speeds were limited to max 15mbps down and 5mbps up but with a normal Cell C SIM it was 45mbps down and 20mbps up.
2. Cell C will always blame the ISP - even if the coverage and connection speed is in Cell C's control not the ISP's.

webwolf50

HI All

Not sure if it was mentioned before - here is the detail I got from Web-Africa - providing Cell C LTE in Pretoria. Certain areas have been taken off their coverage map because MTN no longer allows them to piggy back on their towers in that area - more specifically Pierre van Ryneveld and several other areas around Pretoria - they also admitted that they only came to know about this on Monday and that they haven't informed their customers yet - when you do call them , they offer ADSL at 10 Mb for you but they also cancel your LTE rather than try and sort it - seems there is nothing they can or will do about it. Mine was fine until this morning, when I phoned support, I got this reply and they said there is nothing they can do.

I then went to the Cell C shop close by - they showed me that there is LTE A (whatever that is) coverage and that all their clients are connected, so I guess the problem lies at Web-Africa, it seems - Just FYI if anyone else in and around this area are still experiencing issues.

I am in Vryheid KZN using Vox LTE service via Cell C. Also no service since the 14th of Dec. Got informed today that they have to cancel the agreement ad Cell C has decided not to roam on MTN in certain areas anymore. I beleive Cell C has misled quite a few ISPs regarding the service and now want to blame everybody else. I wanted to move over with several contracts next year to Cell C but this action caused me to decide to remain with my current service provider even if it cost me a little bit more. At least tgey do not tell stories to cover their inability to provide a service.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I am in Vryheid KZN using Vox LTE service via Cell C. Also no service since the 14th of Dec. Got informed today that they have to cancel the agreement ad Cell C has decided not to roam on MTN in certain areas anymore. I beleive Cell C has misled quite a few ISPs regarding the service and now want to blame everybody else. I wanted to move over with several contracts next year to Cell C but this action caused me to decide to remain with my current service provider even if it cost me a little bit more. At least tgey do not tell stories to cover their inability to provide a service.
Hi Frans Dekker

It has come to our attention that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that resell Cell C’s fixed-LTE service to their customers have sold this service outside of the fixed-LTE coverage areas. Our contracts with these partners’ stipulate that ISPs are obliged to consult the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage map to ensure customers are within the coverage areas before selling this service to customers.

^MP

airborne

Executive Member
Hi Frans Dekker

It has come to our attention that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that resell Cell C’s fixed-LTE service to their customers have sold this service outside of the fixed-LTE coverage areas. Our contracts with these partners’ stipulate that ISPs are obliged to consult the Cell C fixed-LTE coverage map to ensure customers are within the coverage areas before selling this service to customers.

^MP
If nothing changed how did they have working service prior to this if they always had been outside of the coverage areas?

dillydog

Cell C's Website and the local Cell C shop had the same deals as the ISP's available last month, The only difference was the router supplied was different and you had to sign a 24 month contract... I recon that Cell C should turn us back on and just not allow any new connections...

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I upgraded my CellC fixed LTE package with Axxess to 50Gb from January. During first half ofDecember everything was working fine without any problems. Now in January when I started using my sim again there is "NO SERVICE" I lodged a ticket with Axxess and this is the reply.

"Cell C informed Internet Solutions that their roaming agreement with MTN will not apply to the Cell C services sold via Internet Solutions with immediate effect, since this took place we have been receiving reports of clients experiencing no connectivity in outlying areas of the Cell C Fixed LTE network.

We have taken a decision to offer our affected clients a credit and immediate cancellation as we do not foresee that a resolution is forthcoming at this time."

How can a service work for a period of time without any problems and then suddenly stop working ? If you have coverage without any problems then why all of a sudden does the coverage magically disappear ? I would suggest that CellC also properly train their consultants because at our local CellC store they advise you that we do have coverage.

This is just another example that one shouldn't touch anything relating to CellC

And I was just about to cancel my Rain fixed LTE, luckily I didn't.

Last edited:

Draconia2

Expert Member
I upgraded my CellC fixed LTE package with Axxess to 50Gb from January. During first half ofDecember everything was working fine without any problems. Now in January when I started using my sim again there is "NO SERVICE" I lodged a ticket with Axxess and this is the reply.

"Cell C informed Internet Solutions that their roaming agreement with MTN will not apply to the Cell C services sold via Internet Solutions with immediate effect, since this took place we have been receiving reports of clients experiencing no connectivity in outlying areas of the Cell C Fixed LTE network.

We have taken a decision to offer our affected clients a credit and immediate cancellation as we do not foresee that a resolution is forthcoming at this time."

How can a service work for a period of time without any problems and then suddenly stop working ? If you have coverage without any problems then why all of a sudden does the coverage magically disappear ? I would suggest that CellC also properly train their consultants because at our local CellC store they advise you that we do have coverage.

This is just another example that one shouldn't touch anything relating to CellC

And I was just about to cancel my Rain fixed LTE, luckily I didn't.

I fully agree on the training !! When the nonsense went down, I phoned cellc support to ask where is the nearest cellc dealer (if any) in our town... Get some numbers and its all MTN and Vodacom stores LOL

to hell with cellc tbh, after all this k7k they had given me in Dec. I'll stick with prepaid until something else comes along.

I simply refuse signing a 24 month contract for the same product that was month to month !