CELLC Fixed LTE Down

phly

Anyway to test if perhaps a sim swop is needed with regards to fixed LTE? I reckon CellC fixed LTE only works in certain modems similar to how rain fixed LTE used to/still does work. So there are not many choices in terms of testing the sim to check for connectivity in other devices.

EveMorris

I upgraded my CellC fixed LTE package with Axxess to 50Gb from January. During first half ofDecember everything was working fine without any problems. Now in January when I started using my sim again there is "NO SERVICE" I lodged a ticket with Axxess and this is the reply.

"Cell C informed Internet Solutions that their roaming agreement with MTN will not apply to the Cell C services sold via Internet Solutions with immediate effect, since this took place we have been receiving reports of clients experiencing no connectivity in outlying areas of the Cell C Fixed LTE network.

We have taken a decision to offer our affected clients a credit and immediate cancellation as we do not foresee that a resolution is forthcoming at this time."

How can a service work for a period of time without any problems and then suddenly stop working? If you have coverage without any problems then why all of a sudden does the coverage magically disappear? I would suggest that CellC also properly train their consultants because at our local CellC store they advise you that we do have coverage.

This is just another example that one shouldn't touch anything relating to CellC

And I was just about to cancel my Rain fixed LTE, luckily I didn't.

I have had the same issue. To add insult to injury, the bloody support person sends me a message asking if they can collect my router which wasn't even part of the deal I had with them. Then says if they are to collect it they will charge ME for the collection.
I really am struggling to understand how they can threaten to charge a customer for something they don't have the right to do.

If I had taken out the free device with the service option and it was still within the months I needed to keep using the service to pay off the free router I would be very pissed off that they are in effect penalising me as the customer for their inability to fulfil the terms of the service they sold to me.

I'm so over Axxess I will never recommend them to anyone again, EVER!

airborne

Executive Member
Anyway to test if perhaps a sim swop is needed with regards to fixed LTE? I reckon CellC fixed LTE only works in certain modems similar to how rain fixed LTE used to/still does work. So there are not many choices in terms of testing the sim to check for connectivity in other devices.
The only limitation should probably be that the device supports Lte-a

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
The only limitation should probably be that the device supports Lte-a
Hi Phly

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

You can use any LTE enable device to test if the SIM card is still connecting. Please do advise of the feedback.
So we can assist further.

^NZ

phly

Hi Phly

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

You can use any LTE enable device to test if the SIM card is still connecting. Please do advise of the feedback.
So we can assist further.

^NZ
still no luck - have no option than to cancel and find an alternative

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I upgraded my CellC fixed LTE package with Axxess to 50Gb from January. During first half ofDecember everything was working fine without any problems. Now in January when I started using my sim again there is "NO SERVICE" I lodged a ticket with Axxess and this is the reply.

"Cell C informed Internet Solutions that their roaming agreement with MTN will not apply to the Cell C services sold via Internet Solutions with immediate effect, since this took place we have been receiving reports of clients experiencing no connectivity in outlying areas of the Cell C Fixed LTE network.

We have taken a decision to offer our affected clients a credit and immediate cancellation as we do not foresee that a resolution is forthcoming at this time."

How can a service work for a period of time without any problems and then suddenly stop working ? If you have coverage without any problems then why all of a sudden does the coverage magically disappear ? I would suggest that CellC also properly train their consultants because at our local CellC store they advise you that we do have coverage.

This is just another example that one shouldn't touch anything relating to CellC

And I was just about to cancel my Rain fixed LTE, luckily I didn't.
@Cell_C Could you please explain to me how a service is working great one moment just to be told the next moment that you are not supposed to have coverage ? How can you have a working service / coverage and suddenly CellC decides now you are not going to have coverage anymore ?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell_C Could you please explain to me how a service is working great one moment just to be told the next moment that you are not supposed to have coverage ? How can you have a working service / coverage and suddenly CellC decides now you are not going to have coverage anymore ?
Hi SlowInternet

Please PM us your residential address so that we can check on the level of coverage in your area.

^MP

dillydog

Cell C, you have put me in a seious situation with my customers, as a result I will never buy or recommend your products ever again. There will be no coming back from this for you! I know clients that cancelled perfectly good Rain connections for your product because of your name, coverage and cost, now those clients have no other alternative as they cannot get Rain any more and your rubbish product wont work due to stupid commercials. I hope that other resellers join me in boycotting all of Cell C's products now and going forward.

Grengem

I use CellC LTEA from Afrihost speeds are inconsistent time of day is a major issue. So I have been tweeting with Afrihost for a few months now sending speed test pics etc. yesterday service was sooooooooooooooooooo slow sent a tweet with pic. Response from Afrihost

Attachments

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Cell C, you have put me in a seious situation with my customers, as a result I will never buy or recommend your products ever again. There will be no coming back from this for you! I know clients that cancelled perfectly good Rain connections for your product because of your name, coverage and cost, now those clients have no other alternative as they cannot get Rain any more and your rubbish product wont work due to stupid commercials. I hope that other resellers join me in boycotting all of Cell C's products now and going forward.
Hi there

Thank you for reaching out to us.

What happened? Talk to us.

^NZ

Genisys

Executive Member
I use CellC LTEA from Afrihost speeds are inconsistent time of day is a major issue. So I have been tweeting with Afrihost for a few months now sending speed test pics etc. yesterday service was sooooooooooooooooooo slow sent a tweet with pic. Response from Afrihost
Wait, they say the deal has been canceled, does this mean that you can't get Fixed LTE via CallC anymore?