Cellular Micro-cell Installation

J_J

Hi All

I have a small problem I need some assistance with. We recently expanded our building and built-on a whole new wing to the facility (at my workplace). Since then most of our staff have been experiencing quite bad cellular reception. To my knowledge only Vodacom and MTN are effected - with MTN being the worst.

Two questions: Is it possible to have a multi-carrier micro-cell installed? If so, by whom? (As I am aware it is banned by ICASA for the public to interact on the SP frequency bands). If not, how does one go about getting the likes of Vodacom and MTN to install a micro-cell here. Does anyone perhaps have a contact I could deal with at each SP? (instead of going down the very lengthy call-center route). I presume we would then need two micro-cells - one for each SP?

How does the process work? I am assuming I would need to prove expenditure and viability to them, for them to consider the installation? Is there some minimum amount to meet before they would consider it? Our building is located in a relatively large office park in Century City, so my feeling is they would be inclined to proceed with the installation.

Any advice for speeding up the application and process?

Thanks guys.

:)

upup

Executive Member
a lady friend of mine was studying in her dining room, and only their, she had no signal. Vodacom installed a extender for her.

upup

Executive Member
I helped a farmer the other day, he had the illegal one on his farm.It works fine.

J_J

a lady friend of mine was studying in her dining room, and only their, she had no signal. Vodacom installed a extender for her.
How did she go about getting them to install one? What is the best / fastest way to get assistance from Vodacom / MTN?

upup

Executive Member
How did she go about getting them to install one? What is the best / fastest way to get assistance from Vodacom / MTN?
He bought it, connect it to a antenna. as easy as that.

upup

Executive Member
I had a pic of the thing, deleted it, it was bought from China, bypass icasa, lightning hit it, just replace the 2 x10 volt regulators, and off it went again.