Choosing the Mesh Wifi device

Amine

Hello Everyone

I’m trying to get a whole home wifi and there is nothing better than mesh system, but my problem is to choose between the consumer product in the market, i have selected two but i want to know if someone have tried one of them or experienced it

1- TP-LINK DECO M9+
2- ASUS LYRA

Kind regards
Amine

Aharon

Honorary Master
Resurrecting this thread, what are people using these days and comments?

Arthur

Honorary Master
Here in the US I recently installed an eero mesh for my daughter's home. They're wifi n00bs and wanted something that reaches the whole property and was easy to manage once I'm gone. Three eero Pro devices and Bob's your uncle.

www.eero.com

Aharon

Honorary Master
Thanks. Looks like a better model than than the tenda I was looking at, don't remember which but the one I looked at was basic.

I currently have a tenda setup - router powerline.i struggle with dead zone in a tiny apartment - 80m2 and using the AC10 (tenda) +gigabit powerline adapter for upstairs.

Hoping this will improve speed upstairs.

Is it (mw6) gigabit? Have you gotten network storage working. It doesn't seem to work on AC10 router.

Aharon

Honorary Master
Thanks. Looks like a better model than than the tenda I was looking at, don't remember which but the one I looked at was basic.

I currently have a tenda setup - router powerline.i struggle with dead zone in a tiny apartment - 80m2 and using the AC10 (tenda) +gigabit powerline adapter for upstairs.

Is it (mw6) gigabit? Have you gotten network storage working. It doesn't seem to work on AC10 router.
Here in the US I recently installed an eero mesh for my daughter's home. They're wifi n00bs and wanted something that reaches the whole property and was easy to manage once I'm gone. Three eero Pro devices and Bob's your uncle.

www.eero.com
I don't think Bob is available in SA though.

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member

Yes, there are two gigabit ports on each unit. There are no usb ports on these units.

Aharon

Honorary Master
Yes, there are two gigabit ports on each unit. There are no usb ports on these units.
Thanks. Do they connect directly to the vumatel cpe or first to a router? How's the coverage and. Speed on the remote units?

_kabal_

Expert Member
With those tenda mw3 units, can you connect say a desktop with only Ethernet to one of the “slave” units?

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Thanks. Do they connect directly to the vumatel cpe or first to a router? How's the coverage and. Speed on the remote units?
Directly to my openserve ont.
Covers whole 1500m2 erf where theres only one double brick wall. Multiple walls results in some slowdown. Have wifi coverage about 50m away from front gate in the street.

Aharon

Honorary Master
Wouldn't these require ceiling mounting etc?

What would be the main difference besides signal power between a off the shelf mesh and a ubiquiti?

Dolby

Honorary Master
I'm trying out some Huawei Q2 Pro right now that I love.

I have used a number of other devices before, but this matches my previous AirTies 4920 for coverage and speeds ... and in many areas is better. I think the 'party trick' of the Huawei is that it's both powerline and mesh hybrid, and changes between the two without you knowing.

At 35m away, through another property and around 10 brick walls, it was still getting signal.