Chrome vs Firefox vs Internet Explorer in SA

BGE

Expert Member
Can't find any reference to a seperate Mozilla web browser, only Firefox... strange...

BTW, Firefox has a mobile version for Andriod, not sure about iOS...

Praeses

Expert Member
Mozilla might be browsers based on their software, not Fx itself.

"Other" might include Chromium - as you can install that in linux without hassle

StevenC

Expert Member
Interesting to note that Tablets and Mobile Phones are counted in that list.

Android has Chrome loaded by default in most cases. Just as IE benefits from being on Windows, so has Chrome flourished under the new tablet regime.

Kelerei

Expert Member
The interesting thing that I noticed is the gradual rise of Safari -- indicative of Apple operating systems eating into Microsoft's share?

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Was also wondering what the diff between Mozilla & Firefox was, maybe one is the mobile version....?
Can't find any reference to a seperate Mozilla web browser, only Firefox... strange...

BTW, Firefox has a mobile version for Andriod, not sure about iOS...
AFAIK Firefox is a modified version of Mozilla. Sea Monkey is another modified version of Mozilla. Mozilla is the base for many applications:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/mozilla-based/

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
And a happy new year to you too, Mr Troll.
I'm not trolling. I have no time for FireFox. Chrome is my first choice, IE second. Just a pity you can't set different proxy servers for each of there without jumping through some hoops. FireFox...nope.

Tjoker

Expert Member
As a software developer I use Chrome, Firefox and IE daily...

I don't have a preferred choice, as Chrome and Firefox have their own issues with certain website functions. IE is just a piece of SHAIT!! 70% of the time we have to code something especially for IE...

EDIT : Firefox has by far the best debugging tools available

Totempole

Expert Member
I've had little issues with Firefox, and the best part is, it doesn't need you to sign in to access certain functionality unlike Chrome.

I've been using Firefox since version 3 and I've never looked back.

I'm not saying Chrome is a bad browser, in fact it would be my first choice as a mobile browser, it's just that it doesn't have the classic PC web browser look and feel which I'm most comfortable with.

cozinsky

Expert Member
This is BS! All these surveys show that Chrome is in the lead. Sorry, but I don't buy this. I have loads of IT friends. Not one of them use it. Some tried but eventually returned to Firefox. I am sure Chrome is paying for these surveys.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
FireFox seems to have quite a large resource footprint. Check the RAM usage, compared to Chrome.

ffchrome.jpg

Totempole

Expert Member
Chrome does have one benefit over other browsers, and that's that you can transfer your bookmarks and preferences over to another device easily by signing in. That's not enough to move me away from Firefox though.