Cloud Nine bed / mattress for a heavyweight

bigboy529

Expert Member
Hi all
I'm in the market for a new bed and from what I read here on the forum in the past, Cloud Nine sounds like the way to go. I never had a foamh mattress before so I want to give it a go. I'm quite heavy around 125 kg, coil and spring mattresses for my weight anyway seams to be above my budget.

From the research I've done so far, my Cloud Nine choices seams to be between the Grande, the Chiroflex and the Postureflex, which are all rated at 140 and 145 kg. I like a firm bed, not rock hard but nice and firm, I'm a back and side sleeper. I still haven't decided between double or queen, my budget is around R10 - R12K.

Does anyone have one of the above mentioned Cloud Nine's who can give any feedback on them, how they are holding up etc? I'm a bit skeptical about memory foam, from what I read it is very hot and I don't like getting hot, even in winter I only sleep with shorts and a T-shirt. I'm also a bit skeptical about some mattresses which is no turn, from what I heard from a few people is that the no-turn thing is a sales scam and they don't last as long as others.
Or can anyone recommend something else I can possibly consider keeping my budget requirement and weight in mind?

I'll be trying a few shops in the next few days, but trying to find a showroom which has all 3 mentioned above on their floor is seemingly impossible and I hate shopping.

Nikers

I would not recommend the Cloud Nine neuroflex (145 Kg) - I know it is not one on your shortlist. Bought one last year September, and it is already sagging in the middle.

abudabi

Expert Member
You can test sleep the sloom matress for 90 days. If you're unhappy theil refund you.

I've had postrupedic mattresses that cost 15k plus (king) and they were all sheit.

Got a sloom about 7minths ago. Sleeping like a baby. I'm not close to your weight, but I know it supports up to 150kg.

https://sloom.co.za/product/original-mattress/
Hmmm.... interesting.

The Sloom mattress is a customizable mattress with four different comfort layers.
That can be rearranged according to the specific firmness that you prefer.

Zip open the cover and rearrange the foam layers so that the one you prefer faces upwards. These layers are clearly marked. Firm, medium firm, medium or soft. So, if you prefer a soft comfort surface place the foam layer marked as soft facing upwards. The sequence of the rest of the foam underneath does not matter.

You tried this and does it work as advertised?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hi all
I'm in the market for a new bed and from what I read here on the forum in the past, Cloud Nine sounds like the way to go. I never had a foamh mattress before so I want to give it a go. I'm quite heavy around 125 kg, coil and spring mattresses for my weight anyway seams to be above my budget.

From the research I've done so far, my Cloud Nine choices seams to be between the Grande, the Chiroflex and the Postureflex, which are all rated at 140 and 145 kg. I like a firm bed, not rock hard but nice and firm, I'm a back and side sleeper. I still haven't decided between double or queen, my budget is around R10 - R12K.

Does anyone have one of the above mentioned Cloud Nine's who can give any feedback on them, how they are holding up etc? I'm a bit skeptical about memory foam, from what I read it is very hot and I don't like getting hot, even in winter I only sleep with shorts and a T-shirt. I'm also a bit skeptical about some mattresses which is no turn, from what I heard from a few people is that the no-turn thing is a sales scam and they don't last as long as others.
Or can anyone recommend something else I can possibly consider keeping my budget requirement and weight in mind?

I'll be trying a few shops in the next few days, but trying to find a showroom which has all 3 mentioned above on their floor is seemingly impossible and I hate shopping.
So what did you end up buying and how is it working out for you?

bigboy529

Expert Member
So what did you end up buying and how is it working out for you?
I got the Cloud Nine Grande which is their hardest bed. So far I’m very happy after 8 months. It took some getting used to and my body was aching for around two weeks after getting it, but now I love it. Very important, especially if you have a partner, this bed is not everyone’s cup of tea, it is very firm.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I would not recommend the Cloud Nine neuroflex (145 Kg) - I know it is not one on your shortlist. Bought one last year September, and it is already sagging in the middle.
Send it back, it has the guarantee for 10 or 20 years

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Hmmm.... interesting.

The Sloom mattress is a customizable mattress with four different comfort layers.
That can be rearranged according to the specific firmness that you prefer.

Zip open the cover and rearrange the foam layers so that the one you prefer faces upwards. These layers are clearly marked. Firm, medium firm, medium or soft. So, if you prefer a soft comfort surface place the foam layer marked as soft facing upwards. The sequence of the rest of the foam underneath does not matter.

You tried this and does it work as advertised?
Works as advertised. Changing the layers takes 1-2 min. I am really happy with the sloom matress.

Edit. I see mybb posted an article about them a while back.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/indu...fricas-first-comfort-adjustable-mattress.html

Last edited: