• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Coffin assault trial

S7wede

Expert Member
You said they get away with it. Clearly they don't
I said many get away with it, and that is factually correct. I would hazard to say that the rate of conviction of vigilante justice is insanely low as they are not reported as crimes

C4Cat

Executive Member
I said many get away with it, and that is factually correct. I would hazard to say that the rate of conviction of vigilante justice is insanely low as they are not reported as crimes
You would hazard to say based on what?
Cape court hands down life sentences for vigilante killings
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...s-down-life-sentences-for-vigilante-killings/

CT man handed six life sentences for vigilante murders
http://ewn.co.za/2017/11/01/ct-man-handed-six-life-sentences-for-vigilante-murders

Is this getting away with it?

Yes, sometimes people get away with crime and murder, but it's nothing to do with race, it's usually money that makes the difference (like Oscar and Shrien for example).

S7wede

Expert Member
You would hazard to say based on what?
Cape court hands down life sentences for vigilante killings
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...s-down-life-sentences-for-vigilante-killings/

CT man handed six life sentences for vigilante murders
http://ewn.co.za/2017/11/01/ct-man-handed-six-life-sentences-for-vigilante-murders

Is this getting away with it?

Yes, sometimes people get away with crime and murder, but it's nothing to do with race, it's usually money that makes the difference (like Oscar and Shrien for example).
We are talking about vigilante justice. Now, honestly now. In which communities is this prevalent? This isn't a racist statement, it's a cultural one. I'm not against some forms of vigilantism, but compare what these 2 did and you will see it is tame compared to the norm. Also to just further my point, in the 2nd example you posted, his 15! accomplices have yet to be charged with anything and they probably never will.

Last edited:
Perhaps the judge wants to send a message to other insane racists that such behaviour is not tolerated in this country. Perhaps the issue is not that their sentence is too harsh but that the other sentences, for murder, for example, tend to be too lenient.
I would like a source indicating that the average sentence for murder is only 8 years. People have been put in prison for longer than that for smoking dagga.
Sorry what racist incident?

I see 2 guys, putting 1 guy in a coffin and threatening to burn him alive in it. People in prison for longer than 8 years for smoking dagga? Now you just reaching :D

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Pair's conduct 'against spirit of Constitution'
Lets see what else is against the spirit of the constitution..

ANC arms deal
Money spent on Nkandla
Guptas running government
Stealing from SOE's as if there's no tomorrow
Stealing, stealing, stealing
State capture
Political killings
Etc
Etc

You'd swear there was no negotiated settlement and no obligation on the ANC to comply to the constitution or the laws of the land.

Oh no but two unknown guys from an unknown town trying to teach a trespasser a lesson, now THAT ladies and gentlemen, is against the spirit of the constitution.

Not a president so moronically backward that he doesn't even understand the basic rules of democracy, not the whole of the ANC leadership protecting each other while all of them's stealing the country blind, not the fact that the Guptas have been allowed to rape us left right and center.

We're right back to different rules for different demographics, you'd think apartheid has won after all..

Can these guys appeal even though the leave to appeal was rejected?
Yes, like stated above. The judge thought her say was final and the matter would have been closed with no further questions asked. She did not know they could approach the SCA.