Computer Sponsorship for School

zizo911

Executive Member
Good Day MYBB Members.

I know that it is against the MYBB rules to ask for donations, so before I am banned.

What I would like to know is if anyone could point me in the right direction for sponsorship for three computers to be used by the educators at my school. We currently have to use the PC in the computer lab, but that causes a problem since there are always classes being done there. We are registered as a Quintile 5 school, which means that the government doesn't sponsor us with much, but our learners come from disadvantaged schools.

I would also like to know if anyone is able to assist me set up a network at the school in the new teachers room where the PC will be put. There is currently a HUB and a Switch set up, but its not connected to anything. I would like if anyone is perhaps available to come and show me how it needs to be set up. I will offer to buy the person lunch, since that is all I can afford to give, but the school would be forever grateful for the help.

I am situatued in Cape Town, close to the Athlone side.

Regards

Zizo911.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
This is a great cause Zizo, I really hope somebody here can help you. I donate all my old computer equipment to JanvN (a forum member up here in Gauteng) who helps out schools in the area, so there must be somebody like him in all of Cape Town who can assist.

HunterGR

Expert Member
I wish i had some PC's to give you, but will gladly help in the networking of anything (installing network points etc.)

zizo911

Executive Member
I wish i had some PC's to give you, but will gladly help in the networking of anything (installing network points etc.)
Thank You so much It is much appreciated. We do already have some infrastructure in place, so it would most likely need to be just set up and reconnected so that it can be used again.

zizo911

Executive Member
This is a great cause Zizo, I really hope somebody here can help you. I donate all my old computer equipment to JanvN (a forum member up here in Gauteng) who helps out schools in the area, so there must be somebody like him in all of Cape Town who can assist.
Thank You! We do have some old CRT Monitors still from the previous lab which we had, it is missing some towers, so I would like those to be set up to make use of an after school research section for the learners, we do have a room set up already, but we are missing towers.

HunterGR

Expert Member
Thank You so much It is much appreciated. We do already have some infrastructure in place, so it would most likely need to be just set up and reconnected so that it can be used again.
Give me a shout whenever you are ready, and we will make a plan to meet up and see / do what needs to be done.
In the meantime i'll keep a lookout for any machines

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Can you tell us what you want to be able to do with these computers? I have some spare hardware lying around that can be massaged into a working computer but I don't know if it will perform for your purposes.

Also, I'm in Jhb :eek:

zizo911

Executive Member
Can you tell us what you want to be able to do with these computers? I have some spare hardware lying around that can be massaged into a working computer but I don't know if it will perform for your purposes.

Also, I'm in Jhb :eek:
Just basic office applications and administration duties, it won't be used for any intensive work purposes.

zizo911

Executive Member
Bump.

Got a no response from some major computer shops.

Will try more in the chiming week. If anyone knows of any of the places, please let me know.

Thank you