Considered UNSOLICITED BULK EMAIL, apparently from you...

geralditec

Hi all,

I have a client that keeps on getting "Content-filter at smtp3.vodamail.internal <postmaster@smtp3.vodamail.internal>"
and "Considered UNSOLICITED BULK EMAIL, apparently from you" when sending emails through their vodamail account to various other emails addresses.

The client uses their vodamail address for business purposes, so this is really annoying.

Any help wou be much appreciated. See detail of a returned email below. I just replaced the email addresses with fake addresses.

The body of the emai contains:

A message from <user@vodamail.co.za> (users email address)
to: recipient's address

was considered unsolicited bulk e-mail (UBE).

Our internal reference code for your message is 14882-02-2/SMgigyxTEqb3

The message carried your return address, so it was either a genuine mail from you, or a sender address was faked and your e-mail address abused by third party, in which case we apologize for undesired notification.

We do try to minimize backscatter for more prominent cases of UBE and for infected mail, but for less obvious cases some balance between losing genuine mail and sending undesired backscatter is sought, and there can be some collateral damage on either side.

First upstream SMTP client IP address: [41.0.73.124] According to a 'Received:' trace, the message apparently originated at:
[41.0.73.124], Anjalaptop unknown [41.0.73.124]

Return-Path: <user@vodamail.co.za>
Message-ID: <001501d12d93$db6b74b0$92425e10$@vodamail.co.za>
Subject: test

Delivery of the email was stopped!

Grimis

[41.0.73.124], Anjalaptop unknown [41.0.73.124] - Is this your clients computer name?

If yes, it probably needs a virus/malware cleanup - then even a reload once confirmed clean.
Either its infected sending out spam or possibly even something in a signature causing the spam filters to not like it.

I also see you say they are sending from various mail address' via vodacoms SMTP servers - they may not like this either as it may be considered spoofing, especially where SPF checks are involved.