Cops granted bail, then re- arrested

intel8080

Banned
Polokwane - Two policemen were re-arrested outside the Polokwane Magistrate's Court shortly after being released on bail, Limpopo police said on Tuesday.

The two Germiston constables were arrested last Wednesday, in Polokwane, when they were found in possession of an unlicensed firearm and suspected housebreaking equipment, Colonel Ronel Otto said.

Ernst Nkomane, 36, and Sylvester Khosa, 28, appeared in court on Monday, and were released on R500 bail each.

Upon walking out of the court building they were re-arrested in connection with a house robbery that took place in Mokopane on the same day that they were arrested.

Nkomane and Khosa allegedly broke into a house last Wednesday and threatened to shoot the female home owner as well as her daughter-in-law, Otto said.

The suspects fled after taking jewellery, a laptop computer and other household items.

They are due to appear in the Mokopane Magistrate's Court later this week on charges of armed robbery.

Sapa

Last edited by a moderator:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
As always. What the hell does your comment have to do with the article you linked to?

genetic

Honorary Master

R13...

Honorary Master
I'm also pretty sure that white cops make up way less than half of the total number of cops. But it's not like intel to back up any of his racist ranting.

Nick333

Honorary Master
I'm also pretty sure that white cops make up way less than half of the total number of cops. But it's not like intel to back up any of his racist ranting.
This is what I was thinking too. Unless, they're all hiding somewhere.

I don't spend that much time in N&C but, I'm beginning to see why people get annoyed with him. It's not even the racism so much as the stupidity and ignorance. I mean it's not that racism is ok.... it's just worse when it's utterly retarded. A semi-coherent argument for racism might at least be something of a challenge.

intel8080

Banned
According to the 2012/2013 police stats, just under 40% are white. The government want to bring that figure down to below 10%. It is only fair to expect at least 1/3 of all police members charged with criminal activities to be white. Clearly the reality is different though. The question is WHY? If a particular group within the police is involved in criminal activities then surely it will help to identify the cause and implement a plan of action. Is it culture? I remember a workshop for the police members some years ago. It was held in Bisho. It dealt with policeman committing sexual crimes and rapes. Good idea but Alas, almost half of the members attending where female. You get my point?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Still have to ask wtf that has to do with the article you linked to?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You have no real point, other than some ridiculous racist drivel that is no linked to the article you posted in any way shape or form.

froot

Honorary Master
Never mind. At least you got half the point and lets leave it there.
You have no real point, other than some ridiculous racist drivel that is no linked to the article you posted in any way shape or form.
What bunny here said.
If you link to an article, at least make your comment on-topic. The article doesn't make any reference to crime statistics based on race, nor does it imply any such thing.

F

Fudzy

According to the 2012/2013 police stats, just under 40% are white. The government want to bring that figure down to below 10%. It is only fair to expect at least 1/3 of all police members charged with criminal activities to be white. Clearly the reality is different though. The question is WHY? If a particular group within the police is involved in criminal activities then surely it will help to identify the cause and implement a plan of action. Is it culture? I remember a workshop for the police members some years ago. It was held in Bisho. It dealt with policeman committing sexual crimes and rapes. Good idea but Alas, almost half of the members attending where female. You get my point?
I'd like to see where you got that stat from please. The problem with the police is the buddy system they have built, it makes them nothing more than a gang when they threaten other cops who speak out against corruption.