CourierIT: Pretoria Armed Robbery

Daruk

Honorary Master
Received on email this morning:
Dear Clients, Business Partners and Colleagues
Please note that we have been the victims of a highly organized armed robbery at our Pretoria premises in the early hours of this morning.
The assailants vandalized our server infrastructure in an effort to disable communications and security cameras.
We are busy investigating the incident with our internal Risk team in close co-operation with the SAPS.
At the moment we are still ascertaining the full extent of parcels affected by the incident and our affected customers will be advised on our robbery notification system as soon as appropriate.
Our services in Pretoria and communication with the branch will be affected but our IT team and Operations personnel are working tirelessly to restore service and connectivity as soon as possible.
In the interim should you need to contact the Pretoria hub your call will be diverted to our Johannesburg hub. Alternatively please direct your enquiries to one of the following facilities, Johannesburg 0119288300, Cape Town 0215556777, Durban 0315693767

xrapidx

Honorary Master
You drunk posting again?
Nope - they're one of the companies that put a **** ton of "fees" on international imports - so the actual fee's end up more than parcel. My parcel value: R590. Their invoice: R691.23. Of which R465.03 was their "fee". When I raised it with the international shipper - they said they were aware CourierIT does this - and raised it with the sender before the parcel was sent (sender didn't care)

They also refused to hand over any documents without you paying almost the exact same fee they would have charged for clearing the item.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Nope - they're one of the companies that put a **** ton of "fees" on international imports - so the actual fee's end up more than parcel. My parcel value: R590. Their invoice: R691.23. Of which R465.03 was their "fee". When I raised it with the international shipper - they said they were aware CourierIT does this - and raised it with the sender before the parcel was sent (sender didn't care)

They also refused to hand over any documents without you paying almost the exact same fee they would have charged for clearing the item.
I won’t say that karma would apply here, it is the customers who are hurt here. CourierIT has insurance, many customers don’t have insurance on packages. I have always wondered how the CPA would be applied in such a case as it does cover ‘deliveries’.

This isn't the same as the FNB heist.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I won’t say that karma would apply here, it is the customers who are hurt here. CourierIT has insurance, many customers don’t have insurance on packages. I have always wondered how the CPA would be applied in such a case as it does cover ‘deliveries’.

This isn't the same as the FNB heist.
Depends on how you look at it - I feel for the customers - but this isn't going to be good for business for CourierIT, insurance or not.

There's have been various threads on mybb covering companies following the same tactics as CourierIT with international orders - so I feel a feather for them.

Daruk

Honorary Master

I gave up on CourierIt recently after major admin headaches.