Cricket: International Discussion Thread

Whright

WI, surely they must be one of the favorites to take the World Cup this year, on current form and luck, they should make the final or at least a semi final. Playing really great cricket ATM

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
WI, surely they must be one of the favorites to take the World Cup this year, on current form and luck, they should make the final or at least a semi final. Playing really great cricket ATM
To me the Windies are like the French rugby team. If the right team rocks up on the day, they can destroy anyone. But they can be equally diabolical the following match. I still think on balance England and India should rightly consider themselves favourites. They're just so balanced. But yeah, if they play to their potential, they can definitely challenge for the title.

Whright

To me the Windies are like the French rugby team. If the right team rocks up on the day, they can destroy anyone. But they can be equally diabolical the following match. I still think on balance England and India should rightly consider themselves favourites. They're just so balanced. But yeah, if they play to their potential, they can definitely challenge for the title.
Very true, it will be very interesting next year to have the same conversation, considering Chris Gayle is retiring after this years World Cup. WI = CG

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Well bowled Mark Wood. In a series dominated by the bat he has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Whright

Yet another half century by Chris this ODI series, if the chase was not so low, it would be another 100 for him.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Madness. If he is in this form come the CWC, opposition bowling attacks better beware. He makes bowlers and pitches alike look decidedly ordinary

Dan C

Honorary Master
ENG 113 (28.1 Ovs)
WI 115/3 (12.1 Ovs)

Windies won by 7 wkts

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Think a shared series is a fair reflection of the series as a whole. Both teams gave as good as they got. Doubt either captain will be too disappointed.

Whright

Madness. If he is in this form come the CWC, opposition bowling attacks better beware. He makes bowlers and pitches alike look decidedly ordinary
In all honesty, WI and Chris Gayle have had a excellent run this series with coin toss, luck and form, if it continues during and beyond the World Cup, then I will surprised.

For today’s match, well played WI.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Well If Gayle still has this form at 39, I cant see whats AB's problem & he should un-retire himself, he still has 4 years left at least :p

modern10

Expert Member
Well If Gayle still has this form at 39, I cant see whats AB's problem & he should un-retire himself, he still has 4 years left at least :p
He just doesn't want to play international cricket. No motivation for him to play.

Dan C

Honorary Master
India vs Australia, 2nd ODI

Venue: Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field

India
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Vijay Shankar, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah

Australia
Usman Khawaja, Aaron Finch(c), Shaun Marsh, Marcus Stoinis, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey(w), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Adam Zampa

Reactions: McT