Crime levels on the decline, study shows

Do you trust government crime statistics or any subsequent research based on them?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Exactly, our job is to pay taxes, after that the government should spent it and sort out the problems, instead of creating more.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
yes, and that is exactly why the perception exists that crime is on the increase
Then you're one of the lucky few not affected by crime. Oh, hang on, one of the reason's Telkom fees is so high isbecause of cable theft.Everyone is affected by very high out of control crime, but some choose not to see it.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
yes, and that is exactly why the perception exists that crime is on the increase
In the last 2 months of last year we have had more breakins and robberies in our street than the 10 years combined before that. They attempted to steal my car twice during that period. :rolleyes:

BobbyMac

Expert Member
In the last 2 months of last year we have had more breakins and robberies in our street than the 10 years combined before that. They attempted to steal my car twice during that period. :rolleyes:
Out of curioisity: did u report it?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
My car stuff yes, had to get repairs done through insurance. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Took the policeman an hour to write my A4 length statement.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
My car stuff yes, had to get repairs done through insurance. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Took the policeman an hour to write my A4 length statement.
What I've always wondered is why they write it, it would be much quicker to let people write it themselves. Apparently you legally can if you choose to.