• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

Geoff.D

Executive Member
I was informed when I tried table a proposal of how to sort out the technicalities of this mess, that transferring the ADSL connections from CW to Evonet could only happen via the holding pool. CW to Holding Pool to Evonet, as these are the two legal entities. The brand "CW" plays no roll at all.
In theory, those that sit it out, will have to wait for this process to complete by itself. If you cancel the connection with CW and then ask for the service to be transferred to Evonet may push your specific case up the list. Rest assured, that at some time or another, the "bill" for "line rental" will also show up. At this point those affected should ask for a rebate for the days when the line was suspended, especially if you managed to get the line activated in the meantime.
If you ask to be transferred back to Telkom, the process is likely to be handled a bit faster, especially if you also have a working fixed line voice service associated with the "line".

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
UPDATE: I've had confirmation from Openserve that ALL customers that had their DSL service suspended have had their lines moved back into the holding pool. ALL of them.

If you're a CW customer waiting for them to move your line back into the pool, wait no longer. CW will not be able to help because Openserve has control now.

All affected customers are now able to switch their connections over, and must do so, to a new ISP within the next 30 days.

RiD1

UPDATE: I've had confirmation from Openserve that ALL customers that had their DSL service suspended have had their lines moved back into the holding pool. ALL of them.

If you're a CW customer waiting for them to move your line back into the pool, wait no longer. CW will not be able to help because Openserve has control now.

All affected customers are now able to switch their connections over, and must do so, to a new ISP within the next 30 days.
Is there an instant way of checking if the line is in the holding pool without going through a telkom agent?

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Is your line up and running? Synchronised? Not still suspended?
If so, it is in the holding pool.
Just choose a new anchor ISP.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Is there an instant way of checking if the line is in the holding pool without going through a telkom agent?
No instant way, which is a bit of an oversight, but Openserve admitted this was a highly unusual situation waaaaay outside of what they thought was possible.

So treat all DSL services formerly held by Crystal Web as being in the holding pool.

RiD1

Is your line up and running? Synchronised? Not still suspended?
If so, it is in the holding pool.
Just choose a new anchor ISP.
I've cancelled and then un-cancelled because i thought it would end up a mess...

My line is up and running, synched and was only down for the first two weeks when everyone was down and not after that again.

So now I'm wondering if my line is in the holding pool too, even though I un-cancelled?

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Possible from happening ? Or, being fixed so easily by simply taking control? Openserve IS the only ADSL ASP. They control the infrastructure, they can over ride any BS going on. It is their OSS/BSS platform that controls all of these "lines".

"ASP" an old term but accurate still, Access Service Provider.

RiD1

Took them a while to over-ride this BS though...

Also, seeing that majority of you left...
I got a mail from EVONET saying that all payments must be made to EVONET's accounts and not CW's because they are different companies.

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Took them a while to over-ride this BS though...

Also, seeing that majority of you left...
I got a mail from EVONET saying that all payments must be made to EVONET's accounts and not CW's because they are different companies.
Yes because they could not see through all the noise and BS until prodded along that is.
Yes you should now decide, are you going to stay with the brand "CW" operated by Evonet, and sort out the accounts and payments with them or switch?
My suggestion would be to reply by asking them what you need to do to get them to take over the line from the holding pool and are they going to process a credit for the suspended period, or does the bill start afresh when you say you want to continue with"CW" as your ISP?

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Correction.
I suggest that all those wishing to remain with the "CW" brand, ask Evonet to confirm they are licensed to provide the services they have taken over from CW .

chrismine

Trying to migrate to Afrihost and this is the e-mail I got:

Telkom has notified us there is a problem with you ADSL
line order migration we submitted on your behalf.

Please would you read the email below a send us the
necessary info so that we can complete the process.

This is the exact message Telkom sent to us about your order:

Unfeasible, due to a pending order on the lin

This is what it means:
Your ADSL line is not yet active - Telkom confirms you have ordered a ADSL line with them and that the order is currently pending.
As soon as your ADSL line is active then we will be able to complete the process of migrating it to Afrihost.
Please let us know once Telkom have completed your ADSL line activation and we will process the migration to Afrihost.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Trying to migrate to Afrihost and this is the e-mail I got:

Telkom has notified us there is a problem with you ADSL
line order migration we submitted on your behalf.

Please would you read the email below a send us the
necessary info so that we can complete the process.

This is the exact message Telkom sent to us about your order:

This is what it means:
Your ADSL line is not yet active - Telkom confirms you have ordered a ADSL line with them and that the order is currently pending.
As soon as your ADSL line is active then we will be able to complete the process of migrating it to Afrihost.
Please let us know once Telkom have completed your ADSL line activation and we will process the migration to Afrihost.
What?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Correction.
I suggest that all those wishing to remain with the "CW" brand, ask Evonet to confirm they are licensed to provide the services they have taken over from CW .
Now im hell of confused... Does CW still exist as an ISP? If yes, who do you actually pay now?

chrismine

Because of this I'm trying to port my line to Afrihost - Telkom told them it's not feasible because :

I'm under the impression all our lines is currently available in the holding pool.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

Because of this I'm trying to port my line to Afrihost - Telkom told them it's not feasible because :

I'm under the impression all our lines is currently available in the holding pool.
Oh hell ****ing no. If mine is there, ill have to check asap, because i wasnt billed for a line