Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
This thread is intended for customers to interact with Crystal Web about the performance of the DSL network and to post feedback about the performance of the network and accounts. This channel is intended for existing customers to request assistance and to interact with Crystal Web.

In case you’re wondering where Shaun is, he is alive...

Mod_note: These threads are clearly designed/intended for customers to provide feedback to their respective ISPs - not for disgruntled former customers to vent, not for other ISPs to promote their services, etc - and, one hopes, for the relevant ISP to respond.

This post did not age well :crying:

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
Just an update:

Yes, they're still in business.

Yes, their website is still a single landing page.

No, it's not a good idea to use them.

Last I checked they still owe a lot of money to a lot of people including their old landlords, a website development firm, Openserve, Crystal Web, and a higher education facility in the Western Cape.

They have no DSL customers, no LTE customers, and only retain fibre customers on the Vumatel network. I don't think their secret pilot WiMAX/5G project is even still operational.

They still don't have an ECS/ECNS license, at least that I can see from public documents.

Edit: Oh, and they lost their ASN?

Crystalweb AS Number.jpg

The Evonet-AS was also associated with spam from 29 different IPs, with 81 detected active IPs.

And they have 699 domains that they do hosting for? That's probably where most of their money is coming from.

Last edited:

snail112

Expert Member
Ek kan nie glo hulle doen nog besigheid nie.

Ek is bly ek het van daai skippie af gespring toe ek af gespring het.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
Just an update:

The Evonet-AS was also associated with spam from 29 different IPs, with 81 detected active IPs.

and now they're leasing IPs to china:

CataclysmZA

Executive Member
and now they're leasing IPs to china:

I'm not sure what the exact price is, but that IP block is worth about R10m or so?