Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

SAguy

Executive Member
Contact openserve and tell them your predicament ... If you are on twitter, then contact them over there
Openserve said I can now cancel with Telkom.
I contact Telkom and they say they need a confirmation letter from my ISP to say my ADSL is realeased/cancelled. I told them that they ISP is gone/dead/missing... and they say sorry, there's nothing they can do. Holy cow... So I guess I'll just have this Telkom line for the rest of my life.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I contact Telkom and they say they need a confirmation letter from my ISP to say my ADSL is realeased/cancelled. I told them that they ISP is gone/dead/missing... and they say sorry, there's nothing they can do. Holy cow... So I guess I'll just have this Telkom line for the rest of my life.
Reapply for another Adsl line. You not paying for the other one right?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I don't want ADSL anymore, I have fibre
Trying to cancel my Telkom line.
If you not paying anything, just move to Fibre. Are you doing Fibre with Openserve?

Also are you trying to cancel your voice line? Ie Telephone line?

SAguy

Executive Member
If you not paying anything, just move to Fibre. Are you doing Fibre with Openserve?

Also are you trying to cancel your voice line? Ie Telephone line?
Yeah sorry, wasn't clear.
Trying to cancel my voice line.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Can't cancel a voice line while there's an active dsl subscription...?
No idea. But surely if his dsl line is not active, then Openserve should be able to assist in this matter. How do you rectify this, if the ISP no longer exists. It can't just be ,sorry we can't help you with this issue. That's unacceptable

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
He speaks like he had absolutely no involvement with EvoNet whatsoever - something very dodgy about this whole matter.
Agreed. Why is he trying to wash his hands in innocence? Nobody was holding a gun to his head, and obviously he - and the rest of CW management - didn't bother with due diligence.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
No idea. But surely if his dsl line is not active, then Openserve should be able to assist in this matter. How do you rectify this, if the ISP no longer exists. It can't just be ,sorry we can't help you with this issue. That's unacceptable
:ROFL:
Don't assume so much. It took me nearly 2 months and a shitload of calling/prodding just to get them to acknowledge my cancellation, never mind fixing a fault on their side to actually process it last year.

It's anything but a straightforward path.

SAguy

Executive Member
Can't cancel a voice line while there's an active dsl subscription...?
Exactly what Telkom is tell me yip

Unacceptable of course, but that's all the call centre agents know, and they can't think further than that. There is also no way to speak to anyone higher up, so what does one do.

:ROFL:
Don't assume so much. It took me nearly 2 months and a shitload of calling/prodding just to get them to acknowledge my cancellation, never mind fixing a fault on their side to actually process it last year.

It's anything but a straightforward path.
Yip, we're dealing with call centre agents who can't deviate from the script - so if anything out of the ordinary happens, they start running, screaming, buildings set alight, looting, etc...

SilverCode

Maybe OpenServe have put your line into the holding pool. You might need to get Telkom to pick it up from the holding pool, just so you can cancel it. Doing this without Telkom starting to charge you a monthly fee for the ADSL though is going to be a struggle.

SAguy

Executive Member
Maybe OpenServe have put your line into the holding pool. You might need to get Telkom to pick it up from the holding pool, just so you can cancel it. Doing this without Telkom starting to charge you a monthly fee for the ADSL though is going to be a struggle.
Perhaps, and while I hate that I've paid almost R1k in Telkom accounts in the process of trying to kill this damn line - I'd pay ADSL for a month if it means that I can get rid of the damn thing.

Every time I contact Telkom they create a new cancellation request which takes 30 days, only to find out it can't be done and then a new cancellation request is created... Endless cycle I tell you.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Yip, we're dealing with call centre agents who can't deviate from the script - so if anything out of the ordinary happens, they start running, screaming, buildings set alight, looting, etc...
Or just simply hang up. Happened quite a few times during the process, after being told to "please hold" and not hearing anything for a few minutes.

SAguy

Executive Member
Or just simply hang up. Happened quite a few times during the process, after being told to "please hold" and not hearing anything for a few minutes.
Yeah, got annoyed with one call centre agent on the chat - asked her to take a deep breathe and read my messages (she kept telling me to contact the ISP, even though I told her at least 5 times there is no more ISP) - she responded by leaving the chat.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
So EVOnet closed my account because I have been paying into the wrong account - I was sure I updated the details though but looks like I'm still paying the old account now for 2 months..

There was no response when I emailed them last month with my proof of payment and when they sent another email asking for proof again I responded in the same way, they closed the account the next day.

So after eventually getting a response I just told them to leave it. I have two emails from them with conflicting information as to where the money should be paid. I'm done. Not my jungle, not my monkeys.

Then I apply for new account at Vox... its been 4 days now and still don't have access. I'm confused now they say they are confirming my RICA docs but they did want to know what ISP I was with before and said they had to contact vuma to do a transfer.... did anyone else have this when moving their Fibre line ??

SAguy

Executive Member
So EVOnet closed my account because I have been paying into the wrong account - I was sure I updated the details though but looks like I'm still paying the old account now for 2 months..

There was no response when I emailed them last month with my proof of payment and when they sent another email asking for proof again I responded in the same way, they closed the account the next day.

So after eventually getting a response I just told them to leave it. I have two emails from them with conflicting information as to where the money should be paid. I'm done. Not my jungle, not my monkeys.

Then I apply for new account at Vox... its been 4 days now and still don't have access. I'm confused now they say they are confirming my RICA docs but they did want to know what ISP I was with before and said they had to contact vuma to do a transfer.... did anyone else have this when moving their Fibre line ??
They decided to close all ADSL accounts, not just those who weren't paying.
The scum that was running Crystal Web just went over to Evonet to continue with their same modus operandi

SAguy

Executive Member
Yeah, got annoyed with one call centre agent on the chat - asked her to take a deep breathe and read my messages (she kept telling me to contact the ISP, even though I told her at least 5 times there is no more ISP) - she responded by leaving the chat.
On another note, I still can't cancel my Telkom line.. latest excuse, my Telkom line shows that it was cancelled last year March - so they can't cancel it again.

Meanwhile the line is still working and I'm still paying for it, but their one system seems to show that it's cancelled... woweeee

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
On another note, I still can't cancel my Telkom line.. latest excuse, my Telkom line shows that it was cancelled last year March - so they can't cancel it again.

Meanwhile the line is still working and I'm still paying for it, but their one system seems to show that it's cancelled... woweeee
Cancelling with Telkom is its own kettle of fish.... I wont go back to a contract with any Telkom entity any time soon.
When you are on month to month its easy to cancel - you just stop paying.

Anakha56

So to update this thread...

As of 28 March 2019 I have not yet been given the refund owed to me by Evonet. Any attempt to get communication from the billing department via phone, email, support portal has been met with silence despite them acknowledging that I have been added to the list for a refund at the start of March. It has been a month since my request so now I am going to ICASA and if I have to the small claims court. Did anyone here get their refund?