Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
On another note, I still can't cancel my Telkom line.. latest excuse, my Telkom line shows that it was cancelled last year March - so they can't cancel it again.

Meanwhile the line is still working and I'm still paying for it, but their one system seems to show that it's cancelled... woweeee
well if they are claiming its cancelled (and you have it in email or writing) just stop paying them. If they come knocking on your door you can claim you cancelled the line and you have confirmation that they said the line was cancelled.

If the line is still alive that is their problem

Anakha56

Anyone still following this s**t show the latest update when asking when my refund will take place:

We apologise for the delay and wish to advise the following.
As a result of payments being reversed by customers on all our payment platforms and the reconciliation of accounts taking a considerable amount of time we have engaged the assistance from our accountants and we hope to be in a position to sort this matter out very soon.
Your ticket will remain open on our desk until the matter is resolved.

They demanded clients pay them up front and on time but they can't be bothered to sort this issue out in a timely manner or even keep the lines of communication open. My ticket with ICASA is still pending an outcome and at the end of the week I will be asking for feedback. Depending on that response will see if I go to the small claims court.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Anyone still following this s**t show the latest update when asking when my refund will take place:

They demanded clients pay them up front and on time but they can't be bothered to sort this issue out in a timely manner or even keep the lines of communication open. My ticket with ICASA is still pending an outcome and at the end of the week I will be asking for feedback. Depending on that response will see if I go to the small claims court.

Sounds like BS.

You would think any company would consult their accounts from the START not at some random date later on when everything about billing and refunds is already a mess.

They are just buying time in hopes that the majority of people just forget about it and the absolute diehards would be so few they would just pay them back.

Its a very generic way of sifting out a bunch of clients from the repayment pool. If you are owed quite a large refund lets say in the region of 5-10k then just go to small claims court get a summons out of this and throw it in their faces. This will more than likely get them to refund you the very next day to avoid further court related crap.

Anakha56

Its a very generic way of sifting out a bunch of clients from the repayment pool. If you are owed quite a large refund lets say in the region of 5-10k then just go to small claims court get a summons out of this and throw it in their faces. This will more than likely get them to refund you the very next day to avoid further court related crap.

I am only owed a couple of hundred rand but given the treatment of all loyal customers I am willing to make this process as publicly known and go through all the hoops needed, ICASA was the first step. These asshats should not be getting away with this BS...

Anakha56

Anyone manage to get a refund processed yet? I ask because since 28 Feb they are still unable to give me any idea when I am getting my money back:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We truly understand your frustration and apologize sincerely for this inconvenience.
Your ticket remains open on our system until this matter has been resolved.
Management are following up on a regular basis with the accountants / auditors and once we get final clearance from them your payment will be done.
Kind regards

ICASA are toothless in this and my ticket with them is not being updated and they themselves are not bothering with updating me. Looks like small claims court is the only option here and even then I am not hopeful...

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Anyone manage to get a refund processed yet? I ask because since 28 Feb they are still unable to give me any idea when I am getting my money back:

ICASA are toothless in this and my ticket with them is not being updated and they themselves are not bothering with updating me. Looks like small claims court is the only option here and even then I am not hopeful...
you seem to be wasting a lot of energy.

Anakha56

Well ICASA has now put my case into Telkom's domain. I am not sure what Telkom is going to do and I am questioning ICASA on this because Telkom, as far as I can see, cant really take Evonet to task. This should be handled by ICASA shouldn't it?

Anakha56

Never thought I would see the day but the refund has landed in my account or so says the bank alert I just received. As a FYI ICASA, as of yesterday, still could not make head or tail out of this whole sorry mess. So I dont think they actually did anything but who knows...

shanezn186

Didn't really expect DJ and Hijul to scam a lot of users in this way. What a shame. Looks like no justice will ever come out of this farce.

I truly wish you all the best, Anakha56, in your ongoing battle against the scammers.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Didn't really expect DJ and Hijul to scam a lot of users in this way. What a shame. Looks like no justice will ever come out of this farce.

I truly wish you all the best, Anakha56, in your ongoing battle against the scammers.
Neither of them have been involved in the company for quite some time?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

They didn’t scam anyone, it was a poorly executed acquisition with miss communication. No previous owner is to be blamed, neither the customers who got ‘lost’ in translation.

RiD1

Anyone else get this today out of the blue? I left them ages ago...

[EvoNet] Important Notice for December 2019

profile_mask2.png

10:31 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

Dear Ridwaan Ebrahim

As you might be aware, we process December payments early in accordance with our terms to ensure no disruption to services due to holidays. It also allows our administrative staff to take a deserved but small break over the Christmas period. January invoices are going to be sent out later today (10th December 2019).

While we do request that all payments are done by the 16th December 2019,we allow an additional week until 23 December 2019 for final processing of payments. This is especially important to take notice of if you're going away on holiday over this period, to avoid any reconnection fees later down the line.

For debit order customers, we process your payment on 23 December 2019, as late as is feasible over this time period. While we do not deviate from this policy as standard, please talk to us on billing@evonet.co.za if there are any issues in this regard so our billing team can best advise and update the system accordingly.
Kind Regards
EvoNet Team

jellievis

Anyone else get this today out of the blue? I left them ages ago...

[EvoNet] Important Notice for December 2019

profile_mask2.png

10:31 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

Dear Ridwaan Ebrahim

As you might be aware, we process December payments early in accordance with our terms to ensure no disruption to services due to holidays. It also allows our administrative staff to take a deserved but small break over the Christmas period. January invoices are going to be sent out later today (10th December 2019).

While we do request that all payments are done by the 16th December 2019,we allow an additional week until 23 December 2019 for final processing of payments. This is especially important to take notice of if you're going away on holiday over this period, to avoid any reconnection fees later down the line.

For debit order customers, we process your payment on 23 December 2019, as late as is feasible over this time period. While we do not deviate from this policy as standard, please talk to us on billing@evonet.co.za if there are any issues in this regard so our billing team can best advise and update the system accordingly.
Kind Regards
EvoNet Team

I did....

RiD1

Seems like they still haven't got their email system working properly, it accidentally releases wrong things to wrong people as it always did.