CSGO Sticky thread

KT-B

Honorary Master
I am trying to improve myself. Been going trough training vids most of the day. Changed my settings - going to see how they work out

Genisys

Executive Member
I am trying to improve myself. Been going trough training vids most of the day. Changed my settings - going to see how they work out
Honestly, best way to improve is playing with better players. I only started to improve a lot when I started to play PUG's (Ask your daughter about PUG's, she will tell you all about it), but obviously I stop playing for months on end every few months, so I can't really rank up.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Honestly, best way to improve is playing with better players. I only started to improve a lot when I started to play PUG's (Ask your daughter about PUG's, she will tell you all about it), but obviously I stop playing for months on end every few months, so I can't really rank up.
Ah but they would need to want to play with a silver :ROFL: But I will ask her.
But I also do not want to be boosted. I actually want to be skilled. She has offered to take my account out of silver for me. I declined her kind offer.

To be able to do this because I have improved. I know that at my age it is unreasonable - but that is what I want. I could never play an account that someone "fixed" for me. And for that to happen - I need to know what I am doing wrong. And only way to do that - is to know what the right way is to do something.

From today's lessons - I see that some things that I thought made sense - actually don't. Sometimes you have to play using a formula - assuming where someone would be without actually seeing them. Because if you can see them - they actually saw you first and were waiting - and have killed you. If that makes sense.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I used to be good, but I have lost purpose in being better, by improving at gaming, than my counterparts. I am an old 1.6 player, didn’t do Source and then was thrown right into CSGO in early 2014. Note that I have previously played CSGO in the time the game was pretty much private. Today we have public servers.

My hand was carried by local pro players, taught me the basics, kakked me out on my aim, kakked me out on my positioning, kakked me out on nade strats, kakked me out on trade kills, kakked me out on everything. This by laaities, well in there 20’s laaities. I have been shouted out, but these guys took their own time at improving me as a player. I have since lost out on those skills, and my awareness has hit rock-bottom.

Anyhow, I have been asked to train teams. Simply don’t have the time or energy.

At least my starting rank was Nova 4, that is in the old ranking system.

For some reason, I could never reach Supreme, on LEM I had 7+ winning streak and still didn’t rank. Then I stopped playing, got back into the game with Prod and co. when I threw them a bone here.

Never cheated ;)

Genisys

Executive Member
But I also do not want to be boosted. I actually want to be skilled. She has offered to take my account out of silver for me. I declined her kind offer.

To be able to do this because I have improved. I know that at my age it is unreasonable - but that is what I want. I could never play an account that someone "fixed" for me. And for that to happen - I need to know what I am doing wrong. And only way to do that - is to know what the right way is to do something.

From today's lessons - I see that some things that I thought made sense - actually don't. Sometimes you have to play using a formula - assuming where someone would be without actually seeing them. Because if you can see them - they actually saw you first and were waiting - and have killed you. If that makes sense.
My secret is playing only Dust 2 until I got hang of the mechanics, now my only maps I plays is Dust 2, Inferno, Cache and Overpass when I solo queue.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

In CS, in competitive, you are only as good as your team. Yes, you may have a carry, either it is a superior player or a player in the right role under the circumstances. In a team, nobody outscores the other. Players ignore the roles, playing competitive like casual. Always, stay in the role. I can’t take it when somebody else takes your position, all they want is kills IMHO.

Lurkers and support players hardly top out on the scoreboard. Yet, the lurker can situationally create opportunity and the support player is the most important role by circumstance. The support player is reactive, 1st to rotate, 1st to trade.

Then you have silent callers or callers gone unheard.

Play your role and listen. Terrible players can muster up a winning team by simple communication.

Genisys

Executive Member
In CS, in competitive, you are only as good as your team.
And that is the truth, you are only as good as your team, I'd really advice getting a solid team and playing with them, don't solo queue like me, Solo Queue is bad, very bad at times. It relies on one individual to do all of the work.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
And that is the truth, you are only as good as your team, I'd really advice getting a solid team and playing with them, don't solo queue like me, Solo Queue is bad, very bad at times. It relies on one individual to do all of the work.
The only issue with solo queuing is the inconsistency, but sometimes there are good playmakers and mentors. I’m not talking about the class is in session type.

KT-B

Honorary Master
In CS, in competitive, you are only as good as your team. Yes, you may have a carry, either it is a superior player or a player in the right role under the circumstances. In a team, nobody outscores the other. Players ignore the roles, playing competitive like casual. Always, stay in the role. I can’t take it when somebody else takes your position, all they want is kills IMHO.

Lurkers and support players hardly top out on the scoreboard. Yet, the lurker can situationally create opportunity and the support player is the most important role by circumstance. The support player is reactive, 1st to rotate, 1st to trade.

Then you have silent callers or callers gone unheard.

Play your role and listen. Terrible players can muster up a winning team by simple communication.
Yes that is the problem with silvers - no communication. I love playing with my MG friends - everyone communicates. You know what is happening. Even if you lose - you feel as though it was a game worth playing. When people follow plans. When people don't bitch and moan or nade you because they don't know how to throw a molly.

I played with Nova 4s last night - played two matches - lost two. Will play with Choas monkey again because everything is a training exercise for him. He never rages - never calls the other team cheaters (even if it looks helluva suspicious). An awesome Indian dude who really wants to help people learn game mechanics. He is a smurf - often deranks because he is helping friends learn the game. He was MG2 when we first met I think. For him, playing with friends is what it is all about. I have learnt a lot from him. And will always join his games - even though I know we will probably lose lol His choice of team mates is not always great though. I got naded three times - blown up - shot. They don't go A when we agreed to go A. Was still fun though

KT-B

Honorary Master
I have soloed twice and won both times - but I do find it stressful. Would rather play with people I like and have fun. I will get better - and I will get out - but I will have fun doing it too

Genisys

Executive Member
The only issue with solo queuing is the inconsistency, but sometimes there are good playmakers and mentors. I’m not talking about the class is in session type.
True, there is a few good teams from time to time, last solo I played I dropped a 40 bomb, but the team was quick to call, so that helped with the rotations and plays.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Good, once you start to take this game too seriously you will start to hate it a lot.
I love the challenge, the stronger the competition the better my experience ;) Too many players run away with their tail up their arse.

Then they want to derank, can’t see how that is a good experience in any sense. Horses for courses... I guess.

KT-B

Honorary Master
I don't get the deranking thing. Wasn't it hard enough to get up there in the first place? Or have they forgotten that?