CSGO Sticky thread

Genisys

Honorary Master
And now third party MM services is starting to become more and more tempting. I see a massive shift towards ESEA locally at the moment which is a good thing

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
And now third party MM services is starting to become more and more tempting. I see a massive shift towards ESEA locally at the moment which is a good thing

Maybe that is what Valve wants. Everything the community wants already exists within third-party matchmaking, PUGS and scrims services.

Valve has long denied their cheating problem, and the moment they went F2P they doubled down on it being a non-issue though always through a moderator, but they have had a dev speak on stage when elaborating on about VACnet, etc. Now cheating has become entrenched in their ecosystem with Steam Marketplace participation.

A cheater who can lose thousands and thousands in inventory value will possibly go suicidal in whichever capacity should he/she be banned.

The thing is that Valve created this themselves as they did create the gambling issue by allowing their API to be used in those sites still to this day. Valve always win, the player base is healthy, they take their percentages, why must they care unless it impacts their competitive scene where sponsors and money pots are involved, especially good, and legal, practices?

Gabe_newell_meme-580x334.jpg

It could also be as I previously suggested that Valve is doing this on purpose to train VACnet which is an AI, and once their models are viable they could market it commercially as an alternative to other anti-cheats. IIRC, Easy Anti-Cheat employs more than a thousand analysts to comb and remodel.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm nova 2, why is the game pairing me with LE's and DMG's?

It happens. It could be that there was no other optimal queue available to cater to your rank, or perhaps Valve’s algorithm was checking whether you are legit… Nobody knows, Valve only knows how much you are willing to invest in cosmetics.

What you may assume is that Valve will tell you that you have bad trust and that you have been paired with other players who share similar trust levels. Don’t trust Valve, Trust Factor hasn’t worked probably since the game has gone F2P and neither is VAC alive and well due to abuse reasons.

What us normal peeps can tell you. Matchmaking is broken and has always been broken.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Because you're smurfing and Gaben caught up with you :D
Caught me on my one alt. Now its back to my normal ranks on my alt as well. Was really just trying to learn maps like Nuke, Train, Inferno, Mirage, Cache, Vertigo and basically anything that isn't Dust 2. I hate how bitter people get when I whiff a shot on Mirage because "A smurf shouldn't miss that shot"

I suspect Valve keeps track of hardware ID's and use that for MM. No way does CSGO just randomly put a new account in "higher ranked" matches without knowing that the real ranks are up front

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I suspect Valve keeps track of hardware ID's and use that for MM. No way does CSGO just randomly put a new account in "higher ranked" matches without knowing that the real ranks are up front

I don't believe Valve tracks hardware IDs per se, but rather system IDs. A long time ago some Valve person elaborated that it is problematic to place restrictions on hardware IDs due to gaming stores/houses having multiple users and the obvious impact it has on the used market. It is reasonable.

All in all, reinstalling your OS should clear you, and I also believe that the tracking is done within a limited window. For example, switching accounts within 1-2h on the same system should be recognised as the same user or however they set it up.

Then there is our region. SA may have a healthy and active CSGO player base, but our queues are nowhere comparable to other more established CSGO markets. Matchmaking is tough in a small market, you get what you get, however, it does happen elsewhere as can be seen on social media how people complain about their bad matchmaking.

As I always say, the only way to improve as a player is to have it rougher than rough and tougher than tough.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
No schit,

CS:GO players aren't happy about Valve's new paid analytics service​

It's more expensive, and less useful, than similar third-party tools.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's latest operation just wrapped up. But while Broken Fang's analytics tracking tool will live on as a paid subscription, CS:GO fans aren't happy about a service that's seemingly more expensive and less useful than existing third-party tools.

For $0.99 a month, CS:GO 360 Stats will let you track your stats across Competitive, Premier, and Wingman modes, giving you access to everything from K/D ratios per weapon to detailed heatmaps and accuracy narrowed down to individual body parts. Honestly, it's about time that the world's most popular competitive FPS added something like this to the game client.

The rub is that these are stats that have already been covered by community tools like Leetify or CSGOstatsfor free, even offering a more comprehensive range of analytics. More concerned posters on the game's subreddit are worried that Valve may start restricting the API used for these tools—and while this may be somewhat paranoid, it speaks to a broader community frustration that Valve is trying to charge more, for less.

you need to be really new to CS to subscribe to this.

Jadax

Can't get a ****ing game in non-prime. My main is prime but stuck at Supreme because I play solo and almost every game is against a stack.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Can't get a ****ing game in non-prime. My main is prime but stuck at Supreme because I play solo and almost every game is against a stack.

Supreme is the new Gold Nova 4 rank, everyone is SUP. It is not hard to grind out to level 20 in casual mode.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Oh right, I usually only play comp. I'll try casual tonight.

Just play a casual game or two and check competitive mode again. I have also alluded somewhere earlier in this thread that accounts created in another country via VPN or has a purchase tied to another country does have trouble with new CSGO accounts. It is like the system knows that you bypassed something. This usually corrects when you do get a local lobby.

Just know, say you are indeed a SUP, your skillset should auto rank you by competitive win 10 to DMG or Eagle. This game does grant you with a hidden rank, by game 5-6 it will get tough or Valve may even insert you into untrusted territory to test you.

SUP by solo queuing, GG.

I believe my true rank is LEM, but the game in the condition it is in is rather easier at the higher levels than it used to be. 4 years ago you had to be REALLY GOOD to be DMG, now it is a glorified blue rank.

DYreX146

Just play a casual game or two and check competitive mode again. I have also alluded somewhere earlier in this thread that accounts created in another country via VPN or has a purchase tied to another country does have trouble with new CSGO accounts. It is like the system knows that you bypassed something. This usually corrects when you do get a local lobby.

Just know, say you are indeed a SUP, your skillset should auto rank you by competitive win 10 to DMG or Eagle. This game does grant you with a hidden rank, by game 5-6 it will get tough or Valve may even insert you into untrusted territory to test you.

SUP by solo queuing, GG.

I believe my true rank is LEM, but the game in the condition it is in is rather easier at the higher levels than it used to be. 4 years ago you had to be REALLY GOOD to be DMG, now it is a glorified blue rank.
4 years ago I was Supreme. Now... I'm still Supreme.

But I guess back then every time we queued we would be put against full stacks of the best players in the country, so it seems that Faceit and ESEA are doing a good job of keeping them out of MM these days.