CSGO Sticky thread

Genisys

Honorary Master
Just play a casual game or two and check competitive mode again. I have also alluded somewhere earlier in this thread that accounts created in another country via VPN or has a purchase tied to another country does have trouble with new CSGO accounts. It is like the system knows that you bypassed something. This usually corrects when you do get a local lobby.

Just know, say you are indeed a SUP, your skillset should auto rank you by competitive win 10 to DMG or Eagle. This game does grant you with a hidden rank, by game 5-6 it will get tough or Valve may even insert you into untrusted territory to test you.

SUP by solo queuing, GG.

I believe my true rank is LEM, but the game in the condition it is in is rather easier at the higher levels than it used to be. 4 years ago you had to be REALLY GOOD to be DMG, now it is a glorified blue rank.
Can confirm. I'm DMG and I'm actually bad at the game. Very bad.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Can confirm. I'm DMG and I'm actually bad at the game. Very bad.

lol. Ignoring that there are cheaters in this game it does have rank walls, walls which are mostly guarded by alts. Nova up to Eagle is stood strong by alts. You get past the alts then you will have an easier time ranking up.

Genisys

Honorary Master
lol. Ignoring that there are cheaters in this game it does have rank walls, walls which are mostly guarded by alts. Nova up to Eagle is stood strong by alts. You get past the alts then you will have an easier time ranking up.
I've been seeing a huge influx of new accounts. Lots of them being dodgy, some being just better. Been skipping the game for the past while even on my alt account. But you are right, there are a lot of alts, looking at csgostats I can see games won and its not a pretty picture on the profiles I paly against.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Now Zool has also spoken out about his 'mod' being abused,

I think he is being cautious because Valve may take aim at banning legitimate mods/tools which serves as a vehicle which could possibly allow hackers to bypass VAC.

Valve does do things like this, see how they handled screen capturing and any modded driver because they decided to control the white listing. It was a months long outrage by the community until Valve said, "Ok, here is command line to allow third-party apps".

I actually like how it is blowing up, Valve has long denied cheating being an issue.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Ah, okay, so I guess this is what they meant by, "Additional security and stability improvements",

but it will still allow hooks in any case, it seems Valve wants to put a stop to players inserting models into their games whether it is to showcase weapon skin, model skins or changing the map textures (which is a common legit cheat available with most hacks).

I can see how it will make legit mod makers pissed.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Ah, okay, so I guess this is what they meant by, "Additional security and stability improvements",

but it will still allow hooks in any case, it seems Valve wants to put a stop to players inserting models into their games whether it is to showcase weapon skin, model skins or changing the map textures (which is a common legit cheat available with most hacks).

I can see how it will make legit mod makers pissed.
Maybe Valve does actually care, they just don't know how to stop the cheating

Genisys

Honorary Master

Valve, please fix.
If they use updates as communication that means their communication is terrible. Then again its a 9 year old game. The whole industry looks different. People went from wanting to play a FPS to wanting BR. They followed that, but their fan base seem to not like BR's

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am going to post this here since I see many, including popular influencers, are losing their schitters because of Sennheiser's decision to sell their consumer division. Firstly, the transaction isn't even approved, and secondly it is subject to a long-term partnership which may introduce new technologies to the consumer stable of products. Anyway, here is Sennheiser's press release:

Also the official message from Andreas and Daniel Sennheiser,

In fact, Sennheiser might just improve.

Also LTT should stop talking about audio products, they are sorely lacking in that department of expertise and knowledge.

Cav5034

I am going to post this here since I see many, including popular influencers, are losing their schitters because of Sennheiser's decision to sell their consumer division. Firstly, the transaction isn't even approved, and secondly it is subject to a long-term partnership which may introduce new technologies to the consumer stable of products. Anyway, here is Sennheiser's press release:

Also LTT should stop talking about audio products, they are sorely lacking in that department of expertise and knowledge.
Still enjoying my Beyers...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Still enjoying my Beyers...
The DT770/880/990, specifically the pros, are the best value cans for me on the market. If you need it for gaming get a device like the Creative X3 for the purpose of a DAC and DSP-correction (for gaming).

Not to mention these Byers are old, but it isn't like you are purchasing something which was made in the 1970s, it has been improved since and manufactured brand new.

Everyone is crying as if their age old Sennheiser's are gone, it is going nowhere. People may even see some decent noise cancellation Sennheiser's /cough Sonova's now.

Genisys

Honorary Master

I am actually up for a new set of Sennheiser's. My trusty set had its ear cups disintegrate after 8 or so years of loyal service. Can't seem to get replacements, so time to pony up for some new Sennheiser's

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am actually up for a new set of Sennheiser's. My trusty set had its ear cups disintegrate after 8 or so years of loyal service. Can't seem to get replacements, so time to pony up for some new Sennheiser's

Why don't you get third-party replacements? You will probably not find any decent cups in SA, but Amazon usually has loads of them available. Just be careful, 'premium' cups are wastefully expensive if you are not into a select audio profile.

Some people believe that Logitech may have solved the affordable wireless 'gaming' headset equation with the G733. I am trying to get hold of a pair for testing to see if it lives up to the expectation, apparently uses the same driver as their Pro X (which is also based off the Takster Pro 80s, yeah 'gaming' companies are now leeching off Takstar OEM for drivers and design), is far lighter and cheaper, but is priced far too high for our market at around R3000. At this price point you should still get far better audio options in the stereo headphone range.

I just wish that Sennheiser/Sonova kills their GSP range. Gaming companies should sell more stereo headphones with build-in discreet microphones, bundle it with Dolby Atmos for Headphones or DTS v2.0, or just sell DACs (with DSP-correction) at a more competitive price point.

Genisys

Honorary Master
I finally got me some Legendary Chicken Master rank. I think this is it. Won't rank up for a very long time. The SMFC's will beat me up for a long time now.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Seems like using an alt account to learn new maps isn't a viable option at the moment

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Since the poor kid's video has been 'silently' taken down, I need to quote two articles,

CSGO New Anti Cheat System Coming “Near Future” says Valve CEO Gabe Newell

Recently in an interview (Now Private) with Gabe Newell in New Zealand, YouTuber and Redditor Odysseic asked the President of Valve about the future of CS:GO’s Anti-cheat, “Are any employees of Valve looking to improve CS:GO’s anti-cheat system?” to which Gaben replied with,

“Yeah” followed by “It’s a lot of work under process”

This does mean the First Person tactical shooter would be getting an improvised Anti Cheat soon in the near future, much more stronger than what we have at the moment. Till now, the VACnet and the trusted mode were just placing cheaters in a bad sector, eventually matching them up with the other 9 players with similar parameters.

:sneaky:

Is AI the future of CSGO's anti-cheat? Gabe Newell says yes​

The Valve president recently did a question-and-answer session at a high school, which was recorded by a student in attendance. A long list of subjects were touched upon, with Counter-Strike’s anti-cheat issues being among them. Newell was vague in his response.

“A lot of the work we’re going to be doing is going to be based on AI which is back to solving the problem of making sure that people are behaving like humans...that turns out to be a pretty trackable thing in development,” Newell said.

This served as a jumping-off point from which he discussed the future of artificial intelligence and how automation will potentially change how people live within a decade. With that in mind, he said that “anti-cheat in Counter-Strike is one of the easier problems.”

Newell’s response makes sense in that it’s easy to pick out cheaters in some circumstances, as players using spinbots and aimlocks exhibit strange behaviors that are obviously computer-assisted. Teaching an AI to identify these odd behaviors and take action would go a long way towards shutting down hackers quickly and effectively.

That said, don’t expect these changes to come any time soon. Newell’s discussion on AI went deep into the future and he joked that a computer could be trained to run Valve in four years, but a computer being trained to end cheating in CSGO might take seven.

GabeN should have been honest and said that cheating will be solved with Valve's new gaming on-demand service priced @ $14.99 per month, now you can play your entire Steam library online, CSGO 360 included. Ts&Cs apply, limited to games published by Valve, new publishers coming in the Near Future.

Joke aside, Valve is pro-actively exploring to integrate Steam Cloud Play with cloud services. GeForce Now is already supported, but it is not a closed ecosystem.

How long have VACnet being deployed now? Overwatch is stacked with spinbots and obvious aimbots, and I am sure this is where VACnet is doing its work, submitting these 'incidents' to Overwatch. I cannot see how an AI is going to determine whether the player uses visibility hacks like radar and walls, amongst other hacks. Hacks which are deemed "legitimate" is hard to determine with your visual sense though I do see more spread and recoil hacks it are catogorised as aimhacks.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Why don't you get third-party replacements? You will probably not find any decent cups in SA, but Amazon usually has loads of them available. Just be careful, 'premium' cups are wastefully expensive if you are not into a select audio profile.

Some people believe that Logitech may have solved the affordable wireless 'gaming' headset equation with the G733. I am trying to get hold of a pair for testing to see if it lives up to the expectation, apparently uses the same driver as their Pro X (which is also based off the Takster Pro 80s, yeah 'gaming' companies are now leeching off Takstar OEM for drivers and design), is far lighter and cheaper, but is priced far too high for our market at around R3000. At this price point you should still get far better audio options in the stereo headphone range.

I just wish that Sennheiser/Sonova kills their GSP range. Gaming companies should sell more stereo headphones with build-in discreet microphones, bundle it with Dolby Atmos for Headphones or DTS v2.0, or just sell DACs (with DSP-correction) at a more competitive price point.
Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look at 3rd party replacements. Third part replacements is likely the only option considering the age of the headphones.

I was looking at the G733's, but not too sure if I am all for that wireless life, granted I prefer having a decent mic and decent audio setup that is a little more modular overall. Being able to replace one part or upgrade as needed just feels like a better option to me.