Cyberflix

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
what is the vip version?
What does being a VIP member gives you:
  1. Cyberflix VIP app is on a dedicated server separated from the public app.
  2. VIP app is always updated first before the public app unless stated otherwise by the developer.
  3. More availability links due to being on a dedicated server.
  4. Open discussing in a Facebook and Forum Private VIP group.
US$20 once off.

Vernon

Expert Member
You think it’s worth 20 Donald Bucks?
Which currency is that? :p

But seriously though, I'd also like to know more about that. For example, I use Cyberflix in conjunction with Real-Debrid. There are always ample working links to the shows and movies I want to watch. Are we now saying that I could ditch RD and just rely on the VIP membership to provide those for me?

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Are we now saying that I could ditch RD and just rely on the VIP membership to provide those for me?
No, don't ditch RD. Every 720p or 1080p 5.1 x265 link is RD only. Seen one or two that weren't.

I gladly paid the 20 bucks to keep the development going and the dedicated server. There are a lot of links that weren't there before, but I only ever choose a purple link. My speeds are so crap I only download to watch later. I don't have time to randomly click on white links to check their quality. Now I sound like someone fired from the licensing office.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I tried this app for the first time yesterday but I don't see what the fuss is all about?

Basically just links that gets streamed like the kodi addons. The older content will have broken links so why is Cyberflix better than Popcorntime, baconfeet emby server or even just downloading the content and hosting your own plex or emby server?

thedudeman

I tried this app for the first time yesterday but I don't see what the fuss is all about?

Basically just links that gets streamed like the kodi addons. The older content will have broken links so why is Cyberflix better than Popcorntime, baconfeet emby server or even just downloading the content and hosting your own plex or emby server?
It works a treat on the Amazon Firestick, and far less resource hungry like Kodi

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I find Kodi cumbersum to use especially with regards to downloading content. Also Kodi add ons seem to popup and disappear quicker than a KFC bucket at a traffic cop picnic.

greg_SA

Expert Member
I backed up the settings anyway. I was on 3.1.4, so downloaded 3.1.6, then updated in the app to 3.1.7.

But the thumbnails are all streched! For you guys too? Any way to solve it? Go back 3.1.4 or go VIP?

greg_SA

Expert Member
Thumbnails were fixed in the first VIP version. Can't speak for 3.1.7.
Can confirm, thumbnails are not fixed on 3.1.5, 3.1.6 or 3.1.7

A bit lame that they only fix this in the paid version. Maybe that is a feature of the paid version? Pay if you want it to look decent

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
When you installed 3.1.7 did you uninstall 3.1.6? There was a glitch when updating. It installed 3.1.7 as a second version.

Vernon

Expert Member
When you installed 3.1.7 did you uninstall 3.1.6? There was a glitch when updating. It installed 3.1.7 as a second version.
Yeah that was the case for me as well. And after the update it kept on prompting me to update again even though I had just done so. Those prompts went away once I uninstalled the old 3.1.6 version.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
@greg_SA
@Vernon

Even though it says "update" there was a glitch and it installed 3.1.7 alongside 3.1.6, but it opens 3.1.6. You need to uninstall 3.1.6 after updating.

Seem to remember Terrarium doing this too. Must be something in the code.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
13/06/2019 - fix not update for VIP version 4.0.7
Install this over your old version of 4.0.7 - This is not a update but a fix - Be sure to check your resolvers if they are not check including Cybersarmy
Link to fix is available in the VIP section of the CyberFlix forum.

raind33r

Expert Member
I don't know man...Lots of buffering, even with my RealDebrid sub. Also tried running NordVPN - no difference. Any particular country I should use?
@Dairyfarmer any ideas as to what else I can try?