Delete

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
I looked at the jazz 2013 model. Not getting any good offers on the Pajero Sport. Will have to private sell.
Also, I'm thinking even if save 3k on installments and 2k on fuel, and if I leave in 6 months I will end up losing on the car.

Because I will be saving 30k which only covers the interest rate. So its not a save to sell and buy. Unless i really do buy a piece of sht car for 30k
what makes you say you are leaving in 6 months?

itsme2

My tazz is not fuel efficient, I get 600KM on a 60l tank. Everything else is dirt cheap though, insurance is cheap, services are cheap, tyres are cheap. It works for me to keep it as I don't put a lot of km on it each year.

If your main cost is fuel then definitely get a modern car with decent fuel efficiency. You will probably still be ahead if you say got a Balade on a payment plan with lower insurance. That much money sounds insane.
Unfortunately, the TAZZ gets the 'Stinkiest most exhaust fumes because of poor engine design' award.

maumau

Honorary Master
Dogs are ready in 3 Months. Selling house process already started. Papers are all sorted in 1 month.
The wife already has multiple job offers.

So 6 months is a reasonable timeframe.
How long was your house on the market before you got offers?

maumau

Honorary Master
@crocopede friends who left recently literally sold everything. Eventually they were sitting on boxes but happy they'd made a few $$$ on their sales.

Maybe sell all your stuff and keep the car until the last minute?