Discovery Bank

riddler

I used my Discovery credit card for a few transactions over the weekend, but I see that it didn't register these transactions for points towards my weekly money goal. Anybody experienced this? Will it correct itself or are those points just 'lost' now?

JoftheC

I used my Discovery credit card for a few transactions over the weekend, but I see that it didn't register these transactions for points towards my weekly money goal. Anybody experienced this? Will it correct itself or are those points just 'lost' now?
Same here, hopefully just ‘stuck’ and will appear...

SuperMario

I don't think your points will be lost, the transactions are probably still in pending state. Discovery miles are also only processed when transactions are not in pending state anymore.

riddler

I don't think your points will be lost, the transactions are probably still in pending state. Discovery miles are also only processed when transactions are not in pending state anymore.
The points towards the money goal are usually immediate, even while the transactions are pending. Will give it a couple more days though

ab12312390

The points towards the money goal are usually immediate, even while the transactions are pending. Will give it a couple more days though
Not always the case, especially when it takes some time to clear the funds. For example, my Clicks purchases have been taking up to 3 days. Sadly, they do not also seem to count towards the money goal.

now05ster

Expert Member
Do you capture all of your transactions manually from your accounts into your respective budgets?
Somehow I missed your post.

I copy and paste the downloaded CSV into an Excel doc. Using formulas and macros it transposes the data into a standard format on another sheet. I then have corresponding dropdown boxes for each category. It then checks, per category, how much money I have left to spend.

It's only functional right now and still have a lot of functions that I want to automate, but I enjoy playing around with excel.

Sure, it's like reinventing the wheel, but 22Seven stopped functioning correctly and all support promised was to send it to Yodlee to investigate. Even with me following up I've had no response. So stuff it.

Hackson

Long story short, as much as I love how much FNB give me in ebucks, I am hating their push for credit to earn points and recently, how I can wake up to be told I have insufficient balance so I get charged R150 even though my available balance could cover the charge.

So, I'm looking to move to Discovery bank, full time. This morning I wanted to switch my Old Mutual RA (it sucks I know) to Discovery bank but they didn't come up as a bank they debit from. Does this happen often to those of you using Discovery bank?

Pho3nix

The Legend
Long story short, as much as I love how much FNB give me in ebucks, I am hating their push for credit to earn points and recently, how I can wake up to be told I have insufficient balance so I get charged R150 even though my available balance could cover the charge.

So, I'm looking to move to Discovery bank, full time. This morning I wanted to switch my Old Mutual RA (it sucks I know) to Discovery bank but they didn't come up as a bank they debit from. Does this happen often to those of you using Discovery bank?

Take it up with Old Mutual, their list is outdated. Haven't had any issues as yet with Debit Orders

Meister-Man

I've been trying to join and so far it has just been a frustration, they want me to resend docs I've already sent.
They do not respond to my emails or return my call, call goes unanswered at credit dept.
I was not able to upload my docs on the app.
Anyone got an email, where I can escalate?

Priapus

Executive Member