Discovery Bank

ros_b

My car insurance went off my cc for a long time. It counts for absolutely nothing. No spend, points, miles. Avoid debit orders and efts as far as possible.
Interesting, because my household insurance (not through Discovery) comes of my credit card and counts like a normal purchase.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
I am currently about 7 months into my 'free' apple watch benefit.
Looks like I will be leaving all discovery and vitality products soon. What does this mean for the balance of my apple watch? Do they pro-rata it and charge it to my credit card?

Lukcydog

My car insurance went off my cc for a long time. It counts for absolutely nothing. No spend, points, miles. Avoid debit orders and efts as far as possible.
^this. I tried it out as well and got no benefit. Moved it back to my original bank account.

Leno

Expert Member
Any idea if you can do an interim statement , I need it for my visa :/

Leno

Expert Member
Phoned them, they said they would send a stamped one, nothing has arrived
Will update if it arrives

Online all I can find is to send csv or xls

JacksonR

Has anyone experienced an effect with regards to the savings rate with discovery since the last 2 repo rate increases ?

I remember the savings % decreased quite quickly when the repo rate was decreased.

Charlesjjm

Has anyone experienced an effect with regards to the savings rate with discovery since the last 2 repo rate increases ?

I remember the savings % decreased quite quickly when the repo rate was decreased.

IMG_5103.jpg
This is from my 32 day account. But I'm not sure if it's because of the interest rate hike, because I changed from Gold to Diamond at this time as well.

Leno

Expert Member
Interim statement arrived yesterday afternoon, not stamped or verified though

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Trying to do a payment orginally as a once-off now tried adding as beneficiary - keep getting notifcation that the payment is suspicious and has not been processed.
Payment is well within my payment limits.

Call centre says it is because it is new recipient and I must try again after 2 hours (this is part of their fraud prevention).

Anyone else experienced this nonsense?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Tried both the app and the website - website does not even send an eft authentication to the app...

Been more than 2 hours

AirWolf

Honorary Master
The app at least says the payment could not be processed, followed by sms and email saying:

Discovery Bank: The EFT from account *** to account *** appears to be suspicious and has not been processed. For more info, call 0860112265

Online banking gives the below. Something seems to have fallen over at Discovery. Need to make an urgent deposit payment for a vehicle.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 184650.png

DrX

Anyone ever replaced a lost card?
Is a 1 day replacement waiting time wishful thinking?