Discovery Bank

Whats giving you the most rewards?
Is it a specific spend?

No spend in particular since I don’t even shop at Pick & Pay so I lose out on that.

So it’s just the combination of Clicks, Engen and Smart Spend and R200 a month rebated for a device which is probably one to ignore as it requires buying something to get something back but is technically also 40% off.

But I don’t even shop at Click either, just pay Rates and Taxes and buy Electricity there so it’s smashed on the 1st day of the month.

Same as smart spend really as I’m pretty much done after paying school fees.
 
I see discovery bank just automatically increased my credit limit without asking or giving them permision (atleast that I can recall). Happen to anyone else and is there even a benefit to having a bigger credit limit if you never use it ?
 
I see discovery bank just automatically increased my credit limit without asking or giving them permision (atleast that I can recall). Happen to anyone else and is there even a benefit to having a bigger credit limit if you never use it ?
Yes, happened to me last year. Tried getting it reversed and it was such a mission so I just left it.
 
yep happened. I guess great for those that use it, for me and it seems the posters on this thread, it's a nuisance to now remember at what threshold the limit is.
 
I see discovery bank just automatically increased my credit limit without asking or giving them permision (atleast that I can recall). Happen to anyone else and is there even a benefit to having a bigger credit limit if you never use it ?
The lower your credit usage the better it reflects on your credit score.
so the higher credit limit is helpful but very dangerous if you tend to just swipe....
I moved the extra to an overdraft facility so that way its not available on my credit card
 
The lower your credit usage the better it reflects on your credit score.
so the higher credit limit is helpful but very dangerous if you tend to just swipe....
I moved the extra to an overdraft facility so that way its not available on my credit card
Don't you pay interest if you do this?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X