Discovery Vitality 2021

amabacha

First brochure for Vitality 2021 is out

Attachments

• Vitality Brochure - 2021.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 393

3WA

Honorary Master
No more 100 points for 10,000 steps if you're under 65?

I just joined Vitality, and I was scoring points by walking the dog.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Is it possible to get all the rewards if you don't have Discovery as medical aid? So a life insurance policy? Insurance? Whatever. Can you still get the rewards?

Tinuva

The Magician
No more 100 points for 10,000 steps if you're under 65?

I just joined Vitality, and I was scoring points by walking the dog.
I dont see that it is changing from that doc. Just states, up to 300 points for fitness device below age 65.
So its 50 points for 5'000 steps and 100 points for 10'000 steps.
If above 65, you now get 100 points for 7'500 steps.

So to me it looks like its just slightly easier for the elderly. Nothing about the current stuff falling away.

Reactions: 3WA

now05ster

Expert Member
Is it possible to get all the rewards if you don't have Discovery as medical aid? So a life insurance policy? Insurance? Whatever. Can you still get the rewards?
Yes. If you have a policy through Life then you can have Vitality activated.

ies87

I love that Nike concept stores are a partner from next year. And UCOOK too!

ies87

Other than that. There really isn’t much difference compared to last year.
I suppose they can’t completely overhaul vitality every year. This year was a major change. Happy to have Strava as a partner next year too.

I just downloaded the new bank app and noticed that the exercise points to miles feature is back, along with a new drive points to miles benefit. That’s pretty cool, if it’s similar to the benefit we had during lockdown.

Attachments

• 56D89BA1-8274-4181-826E-C33EDDE1D991.png
    56D89BA1-8274-4181-826E-C33EDDE1D991.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2B95BB7C-1A67-4E2A-B6AC-37B30A1BEB0C.png
    2B95BB7C-1A67-4E2A-B6AC-37B30A1BEB0C.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 92

ab12312390

I suppose they can’t completely overhaul vitality every year. This year was a major change. Happy to have Strava as a partner next year too.

I just downloaded the new bank app and noticed that the exercise points to miles feature is back, along with a new drive points to miles benefit. That’s pretty cool, if it’s similar to the benefit we had during lockdown.
Waiting to see what they unveil tomorrow.

beefymoocow

Expert Member

Next they need to bring back miles multiplier.

twr

Expert Member
The spend band again in my opinion is quite high to get some miles.benefits thos with full banking suite and high spenders.not me

twr

Expert Member
I cant find the limits that they talk about for the exercise and drive to miles

BloemGuy

I cant find the limits that they talk about for the exercise and drive to miles
Also been looking for them. Somebody did post a screenshot on FB of an internal document stating maximum miles earned per week will be capped at DM1000.

twr

Expert Member
Also been looking for them. Somebody did post a screenshot on FB of an internal document stating maximum miles earned per week will be capped at DM1000.
So 4000 a month.ill only get 30odd percentage conversation because I don't have full suite and low spend. So that's 1200 miles R120

beefymoocow

Expert Member
The spend band again in my opinion is quite high to get some miles.benefits thos with full banking suite and high spenders.not me

As long as it’s not higher than 100k. The fnb Ebucks users probably wouldn’t mind the spend limit.

Hackson

Check my attached picture. This is from a link Discovery sent out in a mail today. What I want to know, if anyone knows is, does "Vitality enabled fitness facilities" means I can for example go to the Discovery soccer park and pay for it using miles? It costs like R50 so I'm thinking 500miles. Also, would I need to be on Discovery bank for this? I'm on of those level 5 ebucks guys who are on the fence about going full blow. Discovery.

twr

Expert Member
Check my attached picture. This is from a link Discovery sent out in a mail today. What I want to know, if anyone knows is, does "Vitality enabled fitness facilities" means I can for example go to the Discovery soccer park and pay for it using miles? It costs like R50 so I'm thinking 500miles. Also, would I need to be on Discovery bank for this? I'm on of those level 5 ebucks guys who are on the fence about going full blow. Discovery.
No picture attached?

Ebo

do you have Vitality Money activated ? Just wondering if Vitality Money is a requirement to get the exercise points to miles benefit ?

Koosvanwyk

What's new? Now you can earn Discovery Miles for getting active and driving well
We are excited to let you know that as of 3 October 2020, Vitality Health and Vitality Drive members who are also qualifying Discovery Bank clients with Vitality Money can now earn even more Discovery Miles when getting active and driving well. You can earn up to 1 Discovery Mile for every 1 Vitality Health fitness or Vitality Drive point you earn weekly.

Vitality Money members who also belong to Vitality Health or Vitality Drive can now earn over 60 000 Discovery Miles a year for getting active and driving well, each week.

points-to-miles-black-d2.png

What this means is that you could earn over 60 000 Discovery Miles a year for getting active and driving well, weekly.

How does it work?
In addition to the plays you earn on the Vitality Active Rewards gameboard, clients with a Discovery Bank Transaction Account (with bundled fee), a Discovery Bank Card Account or a Discovery Bank Suite can earn Discovery Miles for getting active and driving well through the Vitality Health and Vitality Drive programmes. The amount of Discovery Miles you can earn is up to 100% of the exercise and drive points earned in a particular week, with a limit of 1 000 exercise points and 175 drive points eligible for Discovery Miles every week.