Discovery Vitality 2021

Charlesjjm

Thank you.
I have learned to take everything they say with a pinch of salt.
It's normally you pay on the 1st of the month and get it back within 5 days of the following month. Because you first have to make the goals for the month. If you don't, you don't get anything back.

Edit: I'm living in the past. New rules apply from 1 Jan.

Last edited:

yatiya

Looks like they've done away with some points earners. Good driving for example (used to give 500 points per month if your driver score is over 450). That's 6000 points per person. Also the CPR course, 2500 points. A holes

MickyP

Has anyone bought anything Healthy Gear this year yet?

Discovery website says they’ve moved on from Healthy Gear to “Vitality Active Gear” but my app is still showing the old Healthy Gear rewards etc.

Am I missing something. Can’t find what they mean on attached image.

Or is it just not active yet?

Want to get some shoes from the Nike store.

9ac94e51a18715363b447f2c28ea372b.jpg

fruitbat

Expert Member
frozenforyou now on the HealthyDining benefit :) I'm v stoked on this one.

We have been getting their salad / veg dishes to accompany braai's.

kfc4unme

Has anyone bought anything Healthy Gear this year yet?

Discovery website says they’ve moved on from Healthy Gear to “Vitality Active Gear” but my app is still showing the old Healthy Gear rewards etc.

Am I missing something. Can’t find what they mean on attached image.

Or is it just not active yet?

Want to get some shoes from the Nike store.

9ac94e51a18715363b447f2c28ea372b.jpg
Active gear is still on it's way. I think I read beggining of second quarter.

NihilimSA

So am I seeing this right now? The fact that I am on Diamond level does not give me any discount with my miles anymore and I have to subscribe to their insurance and medicals and banking and everything to get 20% where I had 25% discount before.

Discovery seems to be all or nothing now.

fruitbat

Expert Member
So am I seeing this right now? The fact that I am on Diamond level does not give me any discount with my miles anymore and I have to subscribe to their insurance and medicals and banking and everything to get 20% where I had 25% discount before.

Indeed. And I’m in the same boat. Am on the fence abt moving up to bank suite, as well as exploring insurance.
changing that stuff seems like a mission.

twr

Expert Member
Indeed. And I’m in the same boat. Am on the fence abt moving up to bank suite, as well as exploring insurance.
changing that stuff seems like a mission.
The insurance in my opinion is worth it I've been with them for 3 years and the 50%cash back in fuel.makes.it all worth it.

I have just thr credit card. I dont know if upgrading to suite is worth it. I'm.not a big spender so the discounts aren't appealing to me. But maybe the gym booster .

Lukcydog

I think the bank is not doing as well as they would like. So they are changing all the requirements to get people to move to the bank. Forget about the times where healthy living was important. Imo they've lost their way...

Blu82

Expert Member
I am currently just holding on till my payback on the life insurance in a year or two and then I am dumping Discovery. The hoops are to much and this is after 10+ years worth of Diamond membership.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
I think the bank is not doing as well as they would like. So they are changing all the requirements to get people to move to the bank. Forget about the times where healthy living was important. Imo they've lost their way...

Agreed!

ab12312390

They said they had exceeded their expectations, especially on deposits. But I agree with you; they need transactional banking to milk banking fees from us.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
They said they had exceeded their expectations, especially on deposits. But I agree with you; they need transactional banking to milk banking fees from us.

They have about 500k customers. Might sound great but remember they had 200k before bank. And most of the 200k will have two accounts. So it’s really not much. Considering they spent billions. Hopefully they will improve their offering.

Lukcydog

They have about 500k customers. Might sound great but remember they had 200k before bank. And most of the 200k will have two accounts. So it’s really not much. Considering they spent billions. Hopefully they will improve their offering.
Yeah, i'd like to know how many people took on the Bank Suite offerings after migration when they were on the FNB cards. I cant see the value of the Bank Suite vs the 50% increase in fees...

Flames

Can I earn Vitality points using a device that isn't on Vitality's list? Do most of the 'no name' fitness devices sync with the Samsung Health?

glennhurlow

Anyone else having this issue - since Wednesday I'm getting step points instead of heartrate for workouts measured by my Suunto watch?

kfc4unme

Anyone else having this issue - since Wednesday I'm getting step points instead of heartrate for workouts measured by my Suunto watch?
Yup, same thing for me. Using Huawei. Only steps are getting pushed through. I will see what I can do on Monday if it hasn't pulled though by then.