Discovery Vitality 2021

Koosvanwyk

No, I didn't get an answer, except that I tried it out so will have to wait for my cashback to arrive mid-April and then try to work it out! I suspect you are correct that I won't be getting the Vitality Money portion.
I actually found the answer to your questions in their T&C, copied below

How to earn rewards on your HealthyFood purchases
To earn rewards from the Vitality Health

 If you do not present your HealthyFood partner loyalty card, you will not earn any HealthyFood rewards from either the Vitality Health or Vitality Money programmes.

 If you do not pay using your qualifying Discovery Bank credit card, you will only earn rewards on your HealthyFood spend from your Vitality Health programme and not the boosted HealthyFood reward from your Vitality Money programme

Koosvanwyk

I see the new active gear benefit is going live soon

"So, from April 2021, the Vitality Active Gear benefit will be replacing the HealthyGear and Fitness Booster benefits (Shoe Booster, Device Booster, Bike Booster and Huawei Device Booster).

The last transactions that qualify for rewards will be on 6 April 2021, and anyone currently on a fitness booster benefit will continue to enjoy their rewards."

beefymoocow

Expert Member
I actually found the answer to your questions in their T&C, copied below

How to earn rewards on your HealthyFood purchases
To earn rewards from the Vitality Health

 If you do not present your HealthyFood partner loyalty card, you will not earn any HealthyFood rewards from either the Vitality Health or Vitality Money programmes.

 If you do not pay using your qualifying Discovery Bank credit card, you will only earn rewards on your HealthyFood spend from your Vitality Health programme and not the boosted HealthyFood reward from your Vitality Money programme

Your healthyfood is limited to your spend at pick n pay. So if you part paying make sure whatever you swiping at till is greater than the healthyfood.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
This is what it says on the Discovery website

Is there a promo on? Is everyone eligible? I'll be there tomorrow if the activation fee is R200.

View attachment 1047357

There is a promo on the site and it’s R10 not R199 and it’s valid till end April.

I did the math though, unless you already locked into their overpriced business model, buying the watch, even with interest works out cheaper than the vitality and account costs.

3WA

Honorary Master
There is a promo on the site and it’s R10 not R199 and it’s valid till end April.

I did the math though, unless you already locked into their overpriced business model, buying the watch, even with interest works out cheaper than the vitality and account costs.

Oo, that's good to know. They didn’t send me any notification of the promo like they often do, but I'll find out if I qualify. I'm locked in with them and earning back my Vitality fee so far.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Oo, that's good to know. They didn’t send me any notification of the promo like they often do, but I'll find out if I qualify. I'm locked in with them and earning back my Vitality fee so far.

I just went onto the site, doubt it was in an email.
As long as you have their card and I think it’s 15k available you just pay the R10, and obv the 9k on your card which gets paid back.

Always wondered if they exempted that transaction from interest calculations.

Reactions: 3WA

3WA

Honorary Master
I see it is actually R10

As long as you have their card and I think it’s 15k available you just pay the R10, and obv the 9k on your card which gets paid back.

Yup, just activated it and it's R10. Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! Getting a watch tomorrow!

johnjm

Expert Member

Yeah I applied for a credit card and transaction account as I condoned it by then paying the other 25% of my gym membership fees, but the fine print says it must be the bundled accounts and not the pay as you transact. And then I saw three goals per month...

But meh, R85

Priapus

Executive Member
I feel like I am missing out here on some discovery benefits. Just have the bank account with them and medical aid.

3WA

Honorary Master
I feel like I am missing out here on some discovery benefits. Just have the bank account with them and medical aid.

I just signed up for two years of regular exercise. Not sure who's the winner here :unsure:

Bobby01

Attachments

• 5411DA79-9518-42D5-9B3D-05EE28B68F9B.jpeg
    5411DA79-9518-42D5-9B3D-05EE28B68F9B.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 95

Priapus

Executive Member
I just signed up for two years of regular exercise. Not sure who's the winner here :unsure:

My wife would say you. I actually need to get back into exercising . But might take up MTB / trail riding instead.

3WA

Honorary Master
My wife would say you. I actually need to get back into exercising . But might take up MTB / trail riding instead.

Yup. I've been thinking about activating the watch benefit for a while, and now the combination of only R10 activation fee and Apple Pay feature made me pull the trigger. Pretty happy with the health points goals.

Now I'm thinking about whether to double down and activate the iPhone benefit as well.

prOd

Expert Member

I’ve had the watch benefit a few years ago, it’s seriously a good deal and it will most likely motivate you to get a bit more fit if anything.

Think I might reactivate again come to think of it...

Priapus

Executive Member
Yup. I've been thinking about activating the watch benefit for a while, and now the combination of only R10 activation fee and Apple Pay feature made me pull the trigger. Pretty happy with the health points goals.

Now I'm thinking about whether to double down and activate the iPhone benefit as well.
Can you point me where I can read more about this? I have the watch and phone already. But the health benefits might be good.

3WA

Honorary Master
Can you point me where I can read more about this? I have the watch and phone already. But the health benefits might be good.

It took me a month to get my head around the rules, and then another three months to set things up and see the rewards in action. The Apple goodies fall under Vitality Active rewards, which are different from Vitality rewards.

There's a helpful thread as well: