Discovery Vitality 2021

fruitbat

Expert Member
What’s the right way to query vitality points these days?
vitelityinfo@discovery is dog slow. And I get replies from cashbacks@discovery a week later.
I tried WhatsApp and that is met with silly answers from a bot.

ies87

What’s the right way to query vitality points these days?
vitelityinfo@discovery is dog slow. And I get replies from cashbacks@discovery a week later.
I tried WhatsApp and that is met with silly answers from a bot.
Tell the bot you want to chat with a person.

derp90

Would Vitality be worth it if I don't subscribe to a gym membership? Would I get more than the R290 per month in value back by using it?

acidrain

Executive Member
Unlikely, unless you shop at one of their partners a lot, or you go on an overseas holiday yearly and save on those air tickets.

Points wise, the min I think is 160 and the maximum 750. Theoretically, if the stars aligned in your favor and you hit that 750 every week then yes on fitness points alone it will cover. Otherwise, it's the min which is R16 as week.

I've been toying with the idea of canning my vitality. It was a good motivator in the beginning but now the points thing is just meh.

fruitbat

Expert Member
Still waiting for my healthy dining benefits to be paid from over a month ago. And my follow up queries - feedback I get is technical peeps are working on it. I don’t get why they still have so many issues. And on top is shoe booster for Feb also didn’t come through. Are others experiencing similar?

Charlesjjm

Still waiting for my healthy dining benefits to be paid from over a month ago. And my follow up queries - feedback I get is technical peeps are working on it. I don’t get why they still have so many issues. And on top is shoe booster for Feb also didn’t come through. Are others experiencing similar?
Same. I'm still fighting for healthy gear purchases from August 2020. Then gym booster for January and February.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Would Vitality be worth it if I don't subscribe to a gym membership? Would I get more than the R290 per month in value back by using it?
Are we paying R290 subs for Vitality now? Eish, the only reason I am sticking with it is because I am still on the legacy no monthly fee gym deal. Without 'free gym' it becomes very borderline for me as to whether I want to put myself through the torment belonging to Vitality comes with.

The Vitality status thing is a good way to gamify fitness, but then i find myself becoming a bit too OCD about aspects around this (earning points, and the whole 5K steps don't mean diddly squat beyond a certain point story) and it's just more likely to cause me mental illness at the end of the day. I should be getting fit to improve my health, not to get discounted flights, nevermind the fact i probably won't set foot on a plane until 2022 at this rate!

Charlesjjm

So with the "new" gym booster, what Discovery neglected to inform everyone is that your Vitality Money status also is taken into account to get to the "up to 100%" off. If you are not on Diamond Money, you won't see that 100%. What irritates me is that the t's and c's page does not mention this at all.

Lukcydog

So with the "new" gym booster, what Discovery neglected to inform everyone is that your Vitality Money status also is taken into account to get to the "up to 100%" off. If you are not on Diamond Money, you won't see that 100%. What irritates me is that the t's and c's page does not mention this at all.
Yip, I crapped on them for their poor communications. They just shirk it off.

Meister-Man

Expert Member

So for guys like me that only have vitality health. I was already annoyed that they took the gym booster cash back away. Now even if you have discovery money and therefore qualify for the 100% gym cash back, they still smack you with additional ts and cs.

ros_b

It depends on your HealthyFood and HealthyCare spending behaviour, I think. You'd have to spend R1160 per month on Healthy Food at your choice of PicknPay or Woolies, and you've made the R290 back via the 25% HealthyFood discount. Add in a few hundred a month on HealthyCare items (regular essentials such as dental floss, soap, plasters, certain multivitamins - there's quite a lot at Dischem). If you make your weekly fitness goal (via a device, since you don't do the gym thing), that's another guaranteed R15 per week, so R60 pm, probably a bit more because you'll surely get more than 150 points at least one week per month! So I'd say, if you're following a healthy eating lifestyle, you could "make" around R100 per month. Definitely more if you're spending for more than one person, and definitely more if you have kids!

Anything beyond your regular monthly spending on food and toiletries is a bonus - eg, flight ticket, accommodation, HealthyGear.

ros_b

Question about HealthyFood and the boosted cashback via Vitality Money:
If I buy HealthyFood using my Mom's HealthyFood card (since the food is for her, she should get the 25% cashback) and I pay for it with my Discovery Credit Card, do I still get the Vitality Money portion of the cashback credited to my Discovery Miles account?

Koosvanwyk

Question about HealthyFood and the boosted cashback via Vitality Money:
If I buy HealthyFood using my Mom's HealthyFood card (since the food is for her, she should get the 25% cashback) and I pay for it with my Discovery Credit Card, do I still get the Vitality Money portion of the cashback credited to my Discovery Miles account?
Did you find the answer to this?

My understanding is that the vitality money benefit is a boost to vitality health, so you won't get the vitality money benefit if you use someone else's healthy food card, but I might be wrong.

Also there is likely a potantial work around for this

ros_b

Did you find the answer to this?

My understanding is that the vitality money benefit is a boost to vitality health, so you won't get the vitality money benefit if you use someone else's healthy food card, but I might be wrong.

Also there is likely a potantial work around for this
No, I didn't get an answer, except that I tried it out so will have to wait for my cashback to arrive mid-April and then try to work it out! I suspect you are correct that I won't be getting the Vitality Money portion.