Discovery Vitality in 2016

I had a huge problem. I was getting between R300-500 p/m and then last 2 months I got R3, was super annoyed. Apparently there was an issue with Woolworths and Discovery syncing and somehow the data was not being saved so I never got 2 months worth of rewards, not sure if that's the same problem

I always keep my till slips until the P&P and WW cash back comes through so I can check against their figures on their website. That way, if necessary, I can scan the slips and e-mail to them. So far, no problems. I know I shoudn't have to but I'd rather play it safe.
 
Does anyone know: If I remove a member of my team, are they notified? Do I fall out their team?
 
It's up to 50% of your points. "The number of Vitality points that will be converted to Discovery Miles depends on your Vitality status, Discovery Card spend and your health claims category." So you can't just get the card and not spend anything on it - they're not that stupid, one presumes :-) They haven't yet published exactly what the required spend levels are. They just give some examples.
https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/credit-card-news-oct16-convert-vitality-points

I was looking forward to this, but I think I need to downgrade my expectations, although I'll happily take whatever I can get. Their first example is a low claimer and is on Diamond and seems to be single (all the same for me). That would suggest to most of us that he should be getting 50% of his points converted to miles. However he gets only 40% with a R20,000pm spend which suggests that higher earners can benefit more. Recently retired, even when working my take home pay was quite a bit less than R20k each month (OK, maybe I'm not the average MyBB high earner), and in retirement is even less.

I suspect that even for many of those high earners the benefit probably won't even cover their interest costs because they don't pay off their card in full every month, as I do. On the other hand, I'm probably not a good profit earner for a credit card company;-)
 
They will also probably cap the maximum conversion against the medical plan you have ie. 50% back on a Classic vs 40% back on a Essential and then scale according to your spend similar to what they do on the Live Insurance.
 
Anyone have any idea when there will be stock of Series two watches ? Will they start debiting even though I dont have the watch yet ?
 
Hi All,

I have two spaces available on my vitality team, had to let go of laggards;):crylaugh:.

I meet my goals every week and would expect the same of a team member.
(If you continuously miss your goals you need not apply).:D
 
Last edited:
Hi All,
I have two spaces available on my vitality team, had to let go of laggards;):crylaugh:.
I meet my goals every week and would expect the same of a team member.
(If you continuously miss your goals you need not apply).:D

pm sent
 
Didn't get my polar workout from yesterday. Logged in to discovery site and saw that my polar device is not linked anymore?!?!

Anyone else have the same?
 
Didn't get my polar workout from yesterday. Logged in to discovery site and saw that my polar device is not linked anymore?!?!
Anyone else have the same?

yep, checked myself and SO as well, nothing linked (polar).
 
Hi All,

I have two spaces available on my vitality team, had to let go of laggards;):crylaugh:.

I meet my goals every week and would expect the same of a team member.
(If you continuously miss your goals you need not apply).:D

You still have a space available?
 
dammit, Discovery brought in today's points, but missing yesterday's 300 points.
 
I'm culling a teammate again. PM if you got a spot for me. I'm on 900 and making my goals. References available on request :D
 
Didn't get my polar workout from yesterday. Logged in to discovery site and saw that my polar device is not linked anymore?!?!

Anyone else have the same?

I see my polar device is linked again. Still no points and last sync time is Nov 10 though. Please let me know if/when you guys get your workout points.

Tx
 
Same with mine, not syninc the 18th at all. 19th however have synced. weird. Complained so will see what happens.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X