Discovery Vitality in 2016

Im confused, Ive just purchased a tomtom runner 2 to link to vitality to achieve goals(heart rate), please confirm of this device is recognized by Discovery for heart rate point allocation , Ive been on their website and according to a drop down list it its, but then I viewed a table with what is and whats not allowed and Tom tom isn't on that list?
 
Last edited:
What the hell.. I got my 10k steps on Saturday, but the app says I've reached my 30000 points for fitness for the year, and it's not counting towards my goal this week. Do I now just have to do HR workouts??
 
What the hell.. I got my 10k steps on Saturday, but the app says I've reached my 30000 points for fitness for the year, and it's not counting towards my goal this week. Do I now just have to do HR workouts??

Welcome to Discovery's undocumented and technically illegal cap (zero documentation on this). It does actually count to your weekly goal but not annual and I know because I've had this for a month and a bit now..

Sucks because we 2.3k to annual haha but that's easily obtained at gym. Like I've been saying since they introduced all these things this year.. next yr will see active and healthy members leaving in droves at the end of yr when they realize gold/diamond is a lot harder.
 
Welcome to Discovery's undocumented and technically illegal cap (zero documentation on this). It does actually count to your weekly goal but not annual and I know because I've had this for a month and a bit now..

Sucks because we 2.3k to annual haha but that's easily obtained at gym. Like I've been saying since they introduced all these things this year.. next yr will see active and healthy members leaving in droves at the end of yr when they realize gold/diamond is a lot harder.
Oh right, I saw that it actually did count to my goal. I've reached gold about 2 months ago, so no biggie at the moment. Next year will probably be worse
 
Im confused, Ive just purchased a tomtom runner 2 to link to vitality to achieve goals(heart rate), please confirm of this device is recognized by Discovery for heart rate point allocation , Ive been on their website and according to a drop down list it its, but then I viewed a table with what is and whats not allowed and Tom tom isn't on that list?

You are in luck , because TomTom has very recently been reintroduced to earn discovery vitality points. It used to be on the list, then got removed along with many other devices which had issues with 3rd party data, and you could basically cheat heart rate and step and duration data showhow.
Despite it being removed, most shops still sold tomtom devices with large stickers stating "Earn Discovery Vitality points", while the devices was removed for I think about 7 or 8 months. Either way, it should be working fine now. There is a new table somewhere on the website that shows TomTom has heart rate points enabled.
 
When are they going to launch the exome screening they've been promising since last year?
 
You are in luck , because TomTom has very recently been reintroduced to earn discovery vitality points. It used to be on the list, then got removed along with many other devices which had issues with 3rd party data, and you could basically cheat heart rate and step and duration data showhow.
Despite it being removed, most shops still sold tomtom devices with large stickers stating "Earn Discovery Vitality points", while the devices was removed for I think about 7 or 8 months. Either way, it should be working fine now. There is a new table somewhere on the website that shows TomTom has heart rate points enabled.

Thanks very much for the clarification!! Awesome
 
I have a spot left for the team rewards, I reach my goals weekly.. Pm me
 
Need some help, my TomTom syncs to the discovery app with no problem, however on the discovery app the last sync there was on the 27 Nov and it is stuck there, I've tried to delink it, it says successfully delink but it's still showing linked!
 
Need some help, my TomTom syncs to the discovery app with no problem, however on the discovery app the last sync there was on the 27 Nov and it is stuck there, I've tried to delink it, it says successfully delink but it's still showing linked!

I have the same issue on the app with my Garmin, but I linked it on the website and it's working fine now.

App still says "Last Sync date unknown", but the app is **** anyway.
 
thanks Method,,, I was wandering if the discovery only syncs when new data is detected or daily?
 
From my experience it looks like Discovery syncs with the S-Health app (and some others) daily whether you use them or not, but for my TomTom workouts it only updates the sync'ed date within the Discovery app if new data was detected on the TomTom MySports website e.g. after using and synching the device.
 
I was busy doing a weight training workout tonight at gym, on track for above 70% of max HR, at the 9 minute mark but using the pause/resume technique, then by mistake i must have hit stop and the workout ended :mad: :o

Will try again tomorrow!
 
I was busy doing a weight training workout tonight at gym, on track for above 70% of max HR, at the 9 minute mark but using the pause/resume technique, then by mistake i must have hit stop and the workout ended :mad: :o

Will try again tomorrow!
If you started a new workout, it would have combined the two, and you could get the points...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X