Do you prefer wireless or wired headphones?

Do you prefer wireless or wired headphones?

• Wireless

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Wired

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you prefer using Bluetooth/wireless headphones or wired?

Clive2

Having used various styles and formats over the years, a few have stood out above the rest IMHO in terms of clarity, response and bandwidth.
A wired pair in the 90's>2000's (Koss) had oversized cushions, wide padded headband - very comfortable and great bass.
The two wireless, an IR pair and FM pair no longer in use, as they were hissy and had 'flat' on-the-ear foam pads, so audio was not good.
My current pair are in-ear TDK stereo buds, which were relatively cheap at around R160.
Bandwidth response is excellent, very light & comfortable.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Tricky question.

Walking around town --> Wired (Apple/Panasonic)

Home --> Mix of wired senns and wireless logitech.

Honestly it's all kinda OK...except these sporty in ear USB wireless things...my god that stuff is sh.it.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Wired all the way. Have yet to hear a pair of wireless headphones that sound as good or better as a decent wired pair connected to a decent DAC and headphone amp. Same applies to cellphones - audio jack always sounds better than Bluetooth to me.

If such wireless headphones exist, they're probably not worth the cost. So not interested.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Ultimately I would much prefer Bluetooth.

But Rand for Rand wired is always going to win out with quality so rather stick to that.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Wireless, been using Jaybirds for the last 4 years or so, great product!! Currently have a pair of Bluebuds x2...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Wireless. Have a few pairs of chinese bluetooth earphones that sound great for the price.

Concentric

gym: cheap panasonic in ear
general: jbl in ear
travel/noisy places: audio technica noise canceling.
All wired