• No

Votes: 75 33.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters

The_MAC

Executive Member
Yes, by force, TAX + VAT + Petrol Levy
TAX is supposed to uplift the nation, and if done properly, eliminate the need for charities altogether, but alas

SARS even has the audacity to have those billboards that are supposed to tug at your heart-strings by advertising how your TAX helps everyone - it does, but not nearly as efficiently as it is supposed to

nazmo

Expert Member
Charity starts at home so I support myself. I don't have tons of cash laying around to give away.

I know it sounds like a bad meme. But even something small. Or offering assistance or volunteering all count. In my early pittance days of design graduate even a R50 to NSRI a month meant something.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Yes, National Council of and for Persons with Disabilites , buy their yearly calendar and desk pad.

Akasha

Executive Member
Geez you people are a bunch of sourpusses. Did you not learn to be charitable to others? Yeah VAT and TAX sucks, but donating a bag of cat food isn't gonna ruin your life...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Geez you people are a bunch of sourpusses. Did you not learn to be charitable to others? Yeah VAT and TAX sucks, but donating a bag of cat food isn't gonna ruin your life...
It's not just one bag though is it? You need to keep donating forever and ever since the problem isn't fixed at the source...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Then we should roll up our sleeves and fix it at the source
200.gif

nazmo

Expert Member
Then we should roll up our sleeves and fix it at the source

This is often quite hard for people spending most of their time working. The next best thing is to identify a proven long term expert in a field and helping fund them.

The_MAC

Executive Member
This is often quite hard for people spending most of their time working. The next best thing is to identify a proven long term expert in a field and helping fund them.
If there is a will there is a way..

JouPa

directly to Meals on Wheels and indirectly to a couple of orphanages via my church

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I don't have an issue with supporting charities, I have an issue with trust.

I would rather donate goods to the local animal shelter or orphanage...

mojoman

Expert Member
It's not just one bag though is it? You need to keep donating forever and ever since the problem isn't fixed at the source...
Bit like donating to humans....quit breeding and the problem reduces....
Animals to be spayed...and the same should be done with humans that continue to breed without a thought for the childs welfare....

The_MAC

Executive Member
I don't have an issue with supporting charities, I have an issue with trust.

I would rather donate goods to the local animal shelter or orphanage...
Completely legit concern.

Although, many will find a reason not to, and stop right there i.e. not put in any effort in finding a charity that meets their requirements and they are comfortable donating to