• Rarely

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

GreatWmR

Extra protection for when downloading torrents, foreign Netflix and to not play on the middle east Overwatch servers

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
I set up a vpn service on our firewall for offsite users to be able to get onto our network if that helps?

blunt

Expert Member
if im working outside of home (i.e. public wifi) i connect to my home via vpn which is where all my other work vpns are connected, also for security sake.

Bismuth

Expert Member
I have before to get around geoblocking, and when wading into the darkweb, for, well reasons. But otherwise, couldn't be arsed.

Neuk_

Expert Member
I have a VPN on permanently on my phone and we use a VPN for work when working remotely if we have good internet access, if not we use an APN via 3G cards in our laptops.

eg2505

Honorary Master
said other, as I do use the cloudflare DNS and many times to DL I use seedr
but a paid for VPN? no, haven't found a good free one I can use consistently.

soulie

Snooping from who? ISPs

Also in terms of copyright notices from downloading illegal content in SA ISPs don't send notices to clients.
Ummmmm they do .i got a cease and stop download warning from Afrihost .the lady who worked with me tried to download Rango and i got a big fat warning .had to do an affidavit stating it wont happen again.with a warning that my line will be terminated if i dont do the affidavit .i also had to give a reason as to why i was downloading copyrighted content .

gregmcc

Honorary Master
For work, and on the occasion to bypass geo blocking.

For general internet browsing its pointless as all the sites I connect to are https anyway. The question then is who do you trust more, your ISP or the VPN provider. Either of them can collect data of what sites you visit. I think I trust my ISP more.

Demented!

Everyday all day , phone, laptop, PC - if its got a connection it must be on. I do not care VPN all the way. No but seriously I work in the intelligence enviro & I get a lot of ..lets say unfriendly emails, spams , sms, calls, baits e.t.c I am very paranoid. So I've always had it for a while since learning I might just be a target& also the occasional geo-lock for those wonderful US catalogues

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ummmmm they do .i got a cease and stop download warning from Afrihost .the lady who worked with me tried to download Rango and i got a big fat warning .had to do an affidavit stating it wont happen again.with a warning that my line will be terminated if i dont do the affidavit .i also had to give a reason as to why i was downloading copyrighted content .

That doesn't sound right at all unless it came from a local company that got jurisdiction in SA.