• Yes

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 57 73.1%

• Total voters

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Do you use Facebook Messenger to communicate with family and friends? Why do you use this app instead of other messaging services?

Nick333

Honorary Master
No. It feels like it tries too hard if that makes any sense. My memory of it is that it's obtrusive. Too many non message related notifications.

Last edited:

Jase

Expert Member
Occasionally to contact a few friends who don't have / use whatsapp or telegram.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Sadly I have family and friends that do - so I have to respond on it. Not my choice for communication though.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Where is the option, 'Only if I have no other contact details for someone'?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hell no. Possibly the worst of the popular messaging apps I've come across. So incredibly bloated and unintuitive.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
No. I visit Facebook on my Chrome browser, and if there are messages (rarely), I reply straight out of the browser. I use it more for news pages I follow than being needy & searching for approval, though.

KT-B

Honorary Master
No. I visit Facebook on my Chrome browser, and if there are messages (rarely), I reply straight out of the browser. I use it more for news pages I follow than being needy & searching for approval, though.
Isn't that the same as messenger? If not - then I don't use it either and need to change my vote. I do reply to messages through FB.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Isn't that the same as messenger? If not - then I don't use it either and need to change my vote. I do reply to messages through FB.
Facebook Messenger = the actual app. You have a messages section in Facebook, but they're referring to the app (Facebook Messenger) above.