Do you use the Post Office?

• Yes

Votes: 159 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 269 62.9%

• Total voters

Grouter

Expert Member
Just got a whatsapp from a friend in Korea who just got the card we sent her. September 16th, yesterday. We posted it in March this year...

Krayfish

If a supplier uses the post office as their only means then I warn them, and I go find another supplier. No ways will I ever use the post office. I used to order many things from China. Funny how they take less than 5 days to arrive in SA, but from there on I've had one record package arrive in 23 days. But most of them take 40 days plus, I've had parcels lost, some popping up in 4 months. Their tracking does not work, and the condition it arrives in is questionable. Besides, most of my suppliers charge me under R100 between CPT and JHB, afaik the post office is more, and they don't do door to door or overnight either. Wh yin the world do they think I want to go to Postnet, wait in a queue when I can just sit at my desk? I don't even use tracking when I use Courier Guy, when the tracking is loaded the package has been delivered in my hand already.

Mazambaan

Do you use the SA Post Office for local or international package delivery? If so, what is your experience?
International ................ generally cost effective but sometimes packages are lost.

bob1

Unfortunately I have to use them for international packages. Their service is usually slow or non-existant

BullyBlue

I have a PO Box, and I order stuff internationally which unfortunately arrives at the beloved SA Post Office :(

raneels

Only for Motor Vehicle licence disc renewals.
If buying from eBay, I only buy cheap stuff, and that too is a gamble as I only get 50% of my orders delivered.
I decided to buy a Microsoft Surface Book once, it was lost and never found at the Jhb Mail Hub.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Ebay so I have to. Just received a SONOFF switch yesterday for R60. Try buying that here for that cheap

SpicyNinja09

Do you use the SA Post Office for local or international package delivery? If so, what is your experience?
Yes, I use it to renew my vehicle license disks yearly and collecting the occasional Joom and Wish orders