Does fibre installation take this long?

breadbox

Ordered on the 30th of January. Still no fibre. Only feedback I received was when I started sending Afrihost queries. Is it acceptable for a company to keep their customers guessing regarding installations?

I sent my first query on the 9th of February after zero feedback from Afrihost. Received feedback stating Frogfoot has received the order and a contractor would be in contact with me soon. This was the 7th of February that Frogfoot received the order. Come the 21st of February and still no contractor has contacted me. Again I ask for assistance from Afrihost. I get informed that I should of been contacted 1 week maximum from when my order was submitted on the 7th - 14th the latest. The person assisting me send Frogfoot another query with a reference number and told me to wait a few days before contacting Afrihost again for a response. I send another query on the 24th of February. What is the lovely response I get?

"I have checked with Frogfoot team and could see that an installation has been assigned to a contractor who will make contact with you to schedule an appointment.

I have now asked them to make this an immediate process. Hence, you will be contacted at the earliest to schedule an installation date."

Wow. See that is the problem. I keep on staying on this magical contact list but never get contacted. This is not good enough. How can you place an order on behalf of your client and NOT even follow up? Been patient enough. Waiting almost a month for this installation now. No, just waiting for a phone call actually. Website clearly states 2 - 3 weeks. Not 4+.Giving it a few more days then just telling Afrihost to shove it. Shall be directing all my friends and family away from this atrocity. This is horrible customer service. At least update your clients once a week and let them know any significant progress - or lack there of. I cannot even contact Frogfoot myself as they do not allow this. I must work through Afrihost. What a pain in the butt.

Kilerhotdog

This does not sound comforting as I also applied for afrihost with frogfoot on the 20th of February and also still haven't gotten a phone call. I really don't want to wait one month

CrypticZA

Expert Member
I've had 2 fibre installs happen. 1 by Openserve (WebAfrica ISP like 18 months ago) and 1 by Vumatel (1 year ago), both placed order on a Friday and the following week Monday/Tuesday people arrived and installed.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Also placed an order with Afrihost and Frogfoot. The order has already been placed with Frogfoot but that is where it stopped. No action from Frogfoot....

Afrihost delivered the router 2 days after the order so it's Frogfoot holding up the process now.

Kilerhotdog

Also placed an order with Afrihost and Frogfoot. The order has already been placed with Frogfoot but that is where it stopped. No action from Frogfoot....

Afrihost delivered the router 2 days after the order so it's Frogfoot holding up the process now.
The exact same happened to me, I am thinking about asking Afrihost can I change my order from the 200 frogfoot package to the 100 Openserve package, because I feel like they are more on it than Frogfoot and I have heard really bad things about frogfoot lately

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
When I got fibre initially, it took around 2 days. Vumatel and Webafrica at the time. Granted, I logged my request when they started digging the trenches, so my request was at the top of the pile. But, available to lit, 2 days.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The exact same happened to me, I am thinking about asking Afrihost can I change my order from the 200 frogfoot package to the 100 Openserve package, because I feel like they are more on it than Frogfoot and I have heard really bad things about frogfoot lately

Openserve installed 2 days after the order was placed.

@Frogfoot Fibre can you follow up on order FRG741880-RCB-B1

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I had to chase Afrihost constantly with my install.
They place the order with the fibre provider but Im assuming they have a lot of connections to follow up on the status.

breadbox

Alright. So I received a response regarding my fibre installation via email about 30 minutes ago. Here it is:

"Greetings from Afrihost.

This is in regard of the installation of your FrogFoot order. You were contacted and it seems you have missed the call. They should have left a message. Kindly confirm if you have got the details.

If not, then revert back to me with an alternate number in which you can be contacted.

Have a great day"

Now I received this email out of the blue from Afrihost. Did not submit any ticket in receiving this feedback. I never received any phone calls regarding my fiber installation. In fact I have answered all my phone calls except from one number since ordering fiber as I knew I might get contacted by Frogfoot via call. I received 4 missed calls from a cellphone number but this was between 6:10am and 6:30am. Outside of working hours. I have also not received any form of a message as I have yet to actually be contacted.

Going to respond to Afrihost and drop them an alternate number. Shall keep this thread updated on this as it simply isn't going anywhere via Afrihost.

breadbox

Great stuff. Afrihost responded 2 minutes ago.

" We have send the number to the team.

They shall contact you soon.

Warm Regards"

Now we see if we get contacted or not. Dream would be to get fibre before the weekend.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Great stuff. Afrihost responded 2 minutes ago.

" We have send the number to the team.

They shall contact you soon.

Warm Regards"

Now we see if we get contacted or not. Dream would be to get fibre before the weekend.
Good day, we are sorry to hear that you are still waiting. We can confirm that Afrihost only submitted your order on the 23rd of February. We have contacted HDC to arrange for urgent installation.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
This does not sound comforting as I also applied for afrihost with frogfoot on the 20th of February and also still haven't gotten a phone call. I really don't want to wait one month

Good day, our standard lead time is 4-6 weeks for the installation which correlates with demand. Many customers are attended to before this period, it depends on the amount of installation in a given period.

breadbox

Good day, we are sorry to hear that you are still waiting. We can confirm that Afrihost only submitted your order on the 23rd of February. We have contacted HDC to arrange for urgent installation.
Hello kind sir. Thank you for the assistance.

Can confirm that the alternate number provided was contacted and a date has been scheduled next week. Thank you very much for your assistance. Shall update the post again once installation has been completed.

Just a side note. I good friend of mine was also informed he was contacted but he showed me his cellphone call log and no missed calls either. Same that happend with me. Perhaps a glitch in the system but worth looking into. He has his fibre up and running by now.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hello kind sir. Thank you for the assistance.

Can confirm that the alternate number provided was contacted and a date has been scheduled next week. Thank you very much for your assistance. Shall update the post again once installation has been completed.

Just a side note. I good friend of mine was also informed he was contacted but he showed me his cellphone call log and no missed calls either. Same that happend with me. Perhaps a glitch in the system but worth looking into. He has his fibre up and running by now.
We value your feedback, thank you!

cavedog

Honorary Master
@Frogfoot Fibre

I got this email from Frogfoot. So many times has it been discussed that contractors don't charge up front for installation but this is an email from you guys for additional meters if there is any required.

Kindly Note: The installation fee charged by the Internet Service Provider covers the first 30 meters of trench, duct and fibre. Therefore, should you require the location of the Fibre Termination Box (FTB) further than the 30 meter mark, the Frogfoot appointed contractor will assist at a fee of anything from R50 per additional meter (VAT excluded). The additional cost will be calculated and approved between the home owner and contractor. Payment for these additional meters will be charged 50% upfront and 50% once the job has been completed.

Kilerhotdog

Good day, our standard lead time is 4-6 weeks for the installation which correlates with demand. Many customers are attended to before this period, it depends on the amount of installation in a given period.
Hello thank you for the response, It would have just been nice to let me know that you received the order and then let me know it will take 4-6 weeks. If possible it would be really nice if it can happen between the 20-30th of March.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
@Frogfoot Fibre

I got this email from Frogfoot. So many times has it been discussed that contractors don't charge up front for installation but this is an email from you guys for additional meters if there is any required.

Kindly Note: The installation fee charged by the Internet Service Provider covers the first 30 meters of trench, duct and fibre. Therefore, should you require the location of the Fibre Termination Box (FTB) further than the 30 meter mark, the Frogfoot appointed contractor will assist at a fee of anything from R50 per additional meter (VAT excluded). The additional cost will be calculated and approved between the home owner and contractor. Payment for these additional meters will be charged 50% upfront and 50% once the job has been completed.
Good morning, please note as of January 2020 our contractors require payment of 50% upfront and 50% once the job is completed. This was a direct result of non-payment issues experienced.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hello thank you for the response, It would have just been nice to let me know that you received the order and then let me know it will take 4-6 weeks. If possible it would be really nice if it can happen between the 20-30th of March.
Good morning, your chosen ISP places the order with us once you have placed your order with them. All communication is sent to them and they are aware of our standard installation lead time.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Good morning, please note as of January 2020 our contractors require payment of 50% upfront and 50% once the job is completed. This was a direct result of non-payment issues experienced.

If I may ask non payment by who because as far as I'm aware most ISPs include the installation. Non payment by consumers?