Does MTN want any new customers?

Niren_M

I want to port from Vodacom to MTN, so decided to fill in the request for a new contract on the MTNSP.co.za website.

Request was completed a week ago. Received a reply email only on Monday only, stating that they have received the request, and will respond within 3 business days.

Guess what, still no response !!! :wtf:

What's up with MTN? Do they have any interest in getting new customers? With this attitude, I do not think they're worth it as my new provider !

Niren_M

All these SPs are the same. The only reason I want to port from Vodacom, is because their upgrades are not attractive. I was on a Talk 500, but recently moved to Vodacom prepaid, hoping to port.

Took out a another new contract with Cell C (via Autopage). They took a week to activate my SIM card.

But I want to keep my Vodacom number as well - will check out Cell C.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Rather move to CellC or 8ta! The more people I can convince to stop supporting the voda/mtn cartel the better I feel.
Only when you really have no other option should you even consider them.

droidx

Expert Member
Don't bother with mtn, I'm waiting to go prepaid so I can port to cell c. All mtn is good is giving you grey hairs.

OMB

Mountain Man
I've been with MTN for over 10 years, and based on recent events and their attitude towards resolving customer issues they can get stuffed if they think I'll ever do business with them again once my current contract expires

snail

Expert Member
Have no f&@king clue why you want to move to MTN. Hell my contract only has a few months left and although I have had no real bad experiences with them I'm still considering porting to Cell C as MTN rates are like sluts on pay day.