Does neotel still suck

Shayd

Expert Member
I am considering moving from Iburst to Neotel uncapped, but the threads here seem to show that the service is broken. Is this worth it or should I stick with Iburst?

Eh!

Suck? not really. Blow? also not really
They are absolute shyt! sorry I can't find any word to describe them. The difference between Telkom, Neotel and Iburst can be best described as comparing our municipality, Eskom, SABC and other African runned entity.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
what I am worried about is paying 999 pm and running slower that 64K
I know people that have it and they say its ok. You just have to bitch and complain when its not working... like with everything else.
Make sure you have good coverage in your area... or else don't bother.

zerofocus

I know people that have it and they say its ok. You just have to bitch and complain when its not working... like with everything else.
Make sure you have good coverage in your area... or else don't bother.
I'm in excellent coverage and the speeds are shyte. Bitching does't do shyte either. I'm sticking it out till the router dies from all the rebooting, then I have no other choice but to get ADSL again.

shogun

Expert Member
Like they said before, it depends on where you are. We're getting decent speeds (60 - 95KBps (kiloBytes not bits), on the uncapped prime. Uploads are terrible on Prime. From what i've heard they are better on flex.

Not the greatest speeds... but as an uncapped solution it can make sense depending on what you want to do with your internet connection. I can't wait for the WiMax. I wouldn't sign a contract for prime with WiMax round the corner.

Gozzy

what I am worried about is paying 999 pm and running slower that 64K
Dude thats what happened for me, I had it for 6months, one promise after the other, saying that they will fix it, and still nothing, its cancelled now and I Feel so RELIVED! they so useless, coz they never returned one of my calls, never attempted to fix it. NOTHING but always ontime with that R999 pm debit order.

Neotel is a strange animal. I was on Prime Uncapped for about a month and was not at all pleased. It was simply impossible for me to download something with a download manager and browse comfortably at the same time.

The upgrade process to Neoflex after that was just plain torture.

However, subsequent to the upgrade things have been okay. The service comes and goes and the speeds aren't always there. But it is stable and fast enough, for my needs.

I would say, if it is at all possible, go with ADSL or one of the HSDPA products. (I know that neither are perfect, and they are pricey - but sometimes (relative) quality is worth paying for.)

Seven months later, if I had it all to do over, I think, on balance I would have not gone down this road.

Shayd

Expert Member
ok... guys it seems neotel is a no go. I am not going to risk it with this many unhappy clients. If I could test it at my place before signing a contract maybe. And its not much cheaper than adsl. If Iburst doesn't increases out of cap speeds I am going ADSL.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
I love Neotel. Since I got it my uploads and latency have been so pathetic that I've given up on online gaming and now have hours every night to concentrate on my UNISA studies.

I'm personally happy. I haven't had any issues in a while. Running at constant 1mbps. Downloads are good and quick too.

Neotel

Service

Suck? not really. Blow? also not really
They are absolute shyt! sorry I can't find any word to describe them. The difference between Telkom, Neotel and Iburst can be best described as comparing our municipality, Eskom, SABC and other African runned entity.
'Lo EH!

What is your experience on your Neotel service then?