Don't we just all hate Americans

pupa

Banned
halicon said:
IRAN have NEVER attacked a country outside it's border. AMERICA has ATTACKED MANY countries. comprehendo?

No not because they maybe do not have the power but they support terrorists to do their dirty work. They even intimidate their own PPL like Fidel Castro. They are the Arab version of the savage or native in the mideast.
Just pray they do not get success to produce a nuke as then every terrorist group will have one too!

nocilah

Banned
pupa said:
No not because they maybe do not have the power but they support terrorists to do their dirty work. They even intimidate their own PPL like Fidel Castro. They are the Arab version of the savage or native in the mideast.
Just pray they do not get success to produce a nuke as then every terrorist group will have one too!
there are no terrorists... unless you really believe osama bin laden really orchestrated the attacks on 9/11.

give me 100% proof this man did it.

BOREDOFTELKOM

nivek, you have misunderstood me, i agree with you, but america should mind it's own business is what i ment.
but the world would be a better place with proper leadership in Iran and Iraq.
True, but this is not USA's responsibility. Ahmadinejad should not have the right to the west's intelectual property, if the nations who developed the tecnology don't want it in the hands of the "new hitler"(what he calls himself) or the guy who says that Israel should be wiped off the map(nuked), (Idiot) . I going to buy gold shares like Gold fields or Harmony, and bank the evil in the world, cause when the US or blair gets a uppity and wants war the oil is gonna fly, Ahmadinejad is a crazy illogical bighead IMO

ettubrute

Expert Member
BOREDOFTELKOM said:
If the USA didn't exsist, you would not be typing, or doing anything on MyAdsl, or anything on the internet, their would be no internet, no reson to hate telkom, and no DSTV . metaphorically speaking, SA style rocks, but only with americas guitar. Bush sounds funni;) thouugh.
Sorry to burst this bubble of incorrect belief! The "internet" was developed outside the USA, with the first successful tests achieved between universities in England and Scandinavia! The reason why everybody thinks it is an American achievement, is that it was done for the Pentagon...

mooK

Expert Member
Most Americans I've met personally have been very decent people. Intelligence, eloquent, etc.

ettubrute

Expert Member
Ok, I'll have to find it again... Did the research way back in 1995, and found it somewhere on the internet. Seems Wikipedia can be wrong as well! :p

Give me a couple of hours... ;)

IanC

Expert Member
ettubrute said:
Sorry to burst this bubble of incorrect belief! The "internet" was developed outside the USA, with the first successful tests achieved between universities in England and Scandinavia! The reason why everybody thinks it is an American achievement, is that it was done for the Pentagon...
@ettu: Do you have any references for this, because all my books make references to DARPA funding an R&D project to create an experimental packet switched network in 1969 and then nothing until administration of the ARPANET was handed over to the DCA in 1975.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
ettubrute said:
Ok, I'll have to find it again... Did the research way back in 1995, and found it somewhere on the internet. Seems Wikipedia can be wrong as well! :p

Give me a couple of hours... ;)
Could simply be a matter of semantics. :)

ettubrute

Expert Member
I stand (halfway) corrected! Sorry...

It really seems to be a parallel development, and even parallel testing! The networks seemed to have gone up both in the USA and the UK in 1968... but, while the USA started with 50Kbps connection which was later upgraded to 64Kbps, UK had 768Kbps! Thus, UK rulez! :p

The implementation of Packet Switching into a real network developed in parallel in the US and in the UK. In 1968, two network projects were started: in the US it was started under the auspices of the Advanced Research Networks Agency (ARPA), so that the project was called Arpanet, under the leadership of Larry Roberts - the Director of the relevant office. In the UK it was started at the National Physical Laboratory under its then Laboratory Superintendent Donald Davies and called the NPL Network. The NPL network was comparatively modest in scale, with only a few nodes inside NPL, but with a speed of 768 Kbps. In the US, a much more expensive wide-area network project was mounted. By the end of 1970, it connected around 20 sites, and had two cross-country telephone lines. Its lines were run at 64 Kbps.

The third ingredient for the international extension of the Arpanet was a quite separate development. In 1966, ARPA had established a set of three seismic arrays: in Alaska, Montana and Norway. The last, called the NORSAR array, was at Kjeller, near Oslo. A formal bilateral treaty had established this array and the corresponding collaboration with the US. The arrays were operated for ARPA under the auspices of their Nuclear Monitoring Research Office (NMRO). By 1970, there was a communications link at 9.6 Kbps between Washington and NORSAR. Because of the transatlantic technology of the time, this channel went by Satellite to the UK; in London it was connected onto to a cable to Kjeller.

The second paragraph is where my reference to Scandinavia comes from... ;)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yeah - what's the procedure for submitting an addition to wikipedia?

neio

Banned
What a silly thread, It's like me saying I hate all blacks because they believe in ancestor worship and uses muti made from people. eish...

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
neio said:
What a silly thread, It's like me saying I hate all blacks because they believe in ancestor worship and uses muti made from people. eish...
Just tibby being hypocritical. If you said something like that he'd be all up in arms.