DStv Now fixing Linux streaming problems

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
DStv Now fixing Linux streaming problems

MyBroadband readers have complained of problems when trying to stream DStv Now on Linux devices.

Previously, users running Linux operating systems were able to watch DStv Now through a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
It does not work either on my fav browser waterfox so it is not limited to linux. Works only with edge.

dabbler

Expert Member
It does not work either on my fav browser waterfox so it is not limited to linux. Works only with edge.
My DSTV Now works on Google Chrome under Windows 10. Haven't tried Edge. My MiBox(3) not working either.

Swa

Honorary Master
Only purpose of DRM again to frustrate legitimate users.

shum

I'm using an Nvidia Shield and have not been able to watch any video/streams on the Dstv Now app since December ... the support via live chat on the app is also horrendous. Each time I try to log a query they cant give me a ref # and no-one can give me an update or an ETA.

stephanjs60

Strange to me that ShowMax works just fine on Ubuntu, but DStvNow doesn't. What is ShowMax doing differently?

Raphael123

Expert Member
I uninstalled and re-installed the app on my Mibox S and it works fine now.

Prinn

Updated Xiaomi Mi box S to Android 9
Only DSTV now app gives me an error randomly about video playback error.
Options are retry or close which then works for a while until error pops up again. Tried reinstalling app, clearing cache etc. With no luck
Cannot downgrade Android without losing DRM...

leonb

Any feedback or eta on when DSTV will start working on Linux again?

xbmcfan

Can someone from Mybroadband do a follow up article since the problem still hasn't been resolved after several weeks?

DSTV Now's forum is offline, half of their emails don't work anymore and they just tell you to use the live chat in the streaming service which is of no use. I have never had such non-existent service, not even from state owned enterprises.

onpartydig

Updated Xiaomi Mi box S to Android 9
Only DSTV now app gives me an error randomly about video playback error.
Options are retry or close which then works for a while until error pops up again. Tried reinstalling app, clearing cache etc. With no luck
Cannot downgrade Android without losing DRM...
Same issue here.....