DStv Premiership launched

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
DStv Premiership launched

MultiChoice and the Premier Soccer League (PSL) have signed a five-year deal which will see DStv becoming the new title sponsor of the premier division.

This partnership is the continuation of the fruitful cooperation between the PSL and MultiChoice, the company said in its announcement.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I'm surprised that they went with the DStv name. They use the SuperSport brand for their rugby sponsorship and Multichoice for the PSL reserve league.

Gudnews

MultiChoice have done wonders for local soccer and local soccer seems on its way to offsetting the losses incurred by folks leaving premium.

boboudts

Good stuff...as long as you charge those who watch it and reduce the subscription costs for those who don't?

Excalibur

Expert Member
I'm surprised that they went with the DStv name. They use the SuperSport brand for their rugby sponsorship and Multichoice for the PSL reserve league.
Would have been awkward to have SuperSport United FC in the SuperSport Premiership.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So let me understand this?

DSTV sponsors Soccer so that soccer can afford to pay DSTV to broadcast their games and sell them their TV rights?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So let me understand this?

DSTV sponsors Soccer so that soccer can afford to pay DSTV to broadcast their games and sell them their TV rights?
No, DSTV always paid for the broadcast rights, not the other way around.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Ah so DSTV pays for the broadcast rights AND sponsors them as well? okay then.