E-Commerce Site

Ridge_N

Hi myBBers

A quick question.
I'm a freelance web developer. I have a start up that I'm creating, and looking to order a hosting account to link to shopify.

How many mySQL databases does a startup e-commerce site need?

Thanks in advance :).

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Get a virtual server and set it up yourself (not that hard these days to get Apache, MySQL etc. going), that way you can have as many databases as you want. You can also set up Cpanel or get somebody to do it for you.

Ridge_N

Get a virtual server and set it up yourself (not that hard these days to get Apache, MySQL etc. going), that way you can have as many databases as you want. You can also set up Cpanel or get somebody to do it for you.

Is Xampp good? And if so, will I need to build a computer for the server?

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Hi myBBers

A quick question.
I'm a freelance web developer. I have a start up that I'm creating, and looking to order a hosting account to link to shopify.

How many mySQL databases does a startup e-commerce site need?

Thanks in advance :).

This section is to advertise IT Jobs. Employers etc.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Don't know if Xampp is good, but it seems so. I usually set everything up separately. A virtual server does not require your own box, it is a virtual machine running an OS you usually choose from a set list of options. If you are completely new to the arena it may be best to go for a hosting package after-all unless you can get somebody to help you with the initial setup.

Ridge_N

Don't know if Xampp is good, but it seems so. I usually set everything up separately. A virtual server does not require your own box, it is a virtual machine running an OS you usually choose from a set list of options. If you are completely new to the arena it may be best to go for a hosting package after-all unless you can get somebody to help you with the initial setup.

Okay. Thanks for the advice.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
I know that. Everyone else knows that.

You asked why that section in Post 3.

Ask a mod to move the thread to the relevant section.

I don't foresee you needing more than 1 database.