Easiest, most difficult matric subjects

Impulse_One

I really can't believe that some of these are subjects. I mean dance studies :wtf: and how do you even fail that????
Does anyone know what civil technology, electrical technology and mechanical technology are? I'm inclined to think that it's engineering related.

You are right, it's engineering related.

Electrical Technology: I did that. It's about multi-phase power, motors, semiconductors, amplifiers, logic circuits, control circuits for industry. Packs quite a punch in math department. They may teach to solder up your own project.
Mechanical: I had this at school, but did not do it (mutually exclusive with electrical technology). In short it is about mechanics, wielding, mechanical power, etc... They may teach to wield.

garyc

Expert Member
If I look around the average club I can't believe that dance studies has such a high pass rate.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
I disagree, the fundamentals are still the same. One of the biggest things I found in studying engineering at university, is that even a very complex system comes back to first principals. Ie Newtonian laws, algebra, etc the complexity is in knowing how to apply these first principals. The maths and physics should remain approximately the same difficulty at high school level.

Yes it is but the level of creativity required to answer questions has increased.