Easy Equities good or bad?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
What's the opinion when offered a choice between a cash dividend or shares?

Eg Novus next dividend/share scrip 07/09/2021

TedLasso

Expert Member
Have to say, was a good move, a few months ago, to move my family's cash TFSAs to EE and put them in the S&P and other ETFs .

Just logged into them, and they all showing gains of 12-15% , about R25k up across the four accounts. Let's hope it's stays like this

Pegasus

Executive Member
I have been sitting with this thought since the riots, I must sell my local EE stock and pile into the us Market. Question is would you do individual stocks or eft?
For my EE usd account, I put 50% in the iShares S&P etf and the rest in 8 shares like Testla, Apple and Sea.

S&P is beating my choices. By about 2%.

Eric747

So I looked at EE site and downloaded their cost profile but I'm a bit confused: in the coast profile they indicate the broker commission is 0.25%. But when I open their web site, it says "Low costs. Only 64c per R100 invested. You won’t find cheaper". So what is the broker fee? Or does 0.64% include other fees as well, not only broker fees?

Devilish

So I looked at EE site and downloaded their cost profile but I'm a bit confused: in the coast profile they indicate the broker commission is 0.25%. But when I open their web site, it says "Low costs. Only 64c per R100 invested. You won’t find cheaper". So what is the broker fee? Or does 0.64% include other fees as well, not only broker fees?
It includes the following:
Broker commission​
Settlement and administration​
Investor protection levy and administration​
Value-added tax on costs​

xrapidx

Honorary Master
How long does it take for transfers to the USD account within EasyEquities?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I also bought yesterday, so will see.

Another q. RE: the USD account, is it possible to withdraw the money into a US bank account?

Sorry, moved some stuff over from Investec to play around and save on fees for small transactions

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Good morning smart investors :)

Question, I see that a nice dividend is payable for "Tradehold Ltd. – JSE:TDHBP"

I see Tradehold LTD is on EE also, but only with code TDH

It aint the same thing ... or is it ?

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Same company but TDHBP are Preference Shares whereas TDH are the common equity shares. The dividend would only be for the Pref Shares as far as I can see.