Easy Equities good or bad?

rvZA

Executive Member
Seems EasyEquities' systems are buckling under its own weight. A lot of downtime. A lot of errors. Extremely slow speeds. I hope this is not going to turn into a catastrophy for them or their users.

surface

Honorary Master
Received statement from Sygnia. Considering that I am running -9% on EE for same duration, I think it is time to close my EE account as Sygnia is on to something. I didn't turn out to be financial wizard after all. Sad Panda. :ROFL: :ROFL:

1635312187108.png

xrapidx

Honorary Master
What are you buying on EE? My EE is doing better than all my other investments.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Looking at dividends paid out this month, I will put 60% of my EE spend in EFT's ! The topup's (as in dividends are wow) !

rvZA

Executive Member
AdaptIT, Msci china, RMB, Jubilee, redefine, EM50. All negative - I suspect I bought all close to peak.

:crying: :crying:

For the biggest part you seem to be invested only in the highest risk segments of the markets.

You have China, which currently is experiencing economic decline and face bigger risks in their property market. You are also invested in the property market where covid is beating hard, government threats about EWC, etc.

I just think you are not properly diversified.

rvZA

Executive Member
I saw yesterday someone's EE screenshot on twitter.

R100 000 invested ... its now almost R3 000 000 !

Holly mother @#$@#$@#$@#$

A number of shares saw a very good recovery from Covid lows in the past 10-12 months. Mostly the people who only started investing in this period would have seen this type of growth. Those who were in the markets pre-Covid would have suffered some serious losses on most investments. In many cases only saw partial recovery today, unless they kept buying more and more shares while they were at their lows.